Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J3ss_

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just thought Id share some photos of some wild reptiles ive come across in the last few months...
First pic is one of the 6 or so tree snakes i saw on the daintree river on the weekend..

snake.jpg

Next pic is a croc i saw on the river, not the best pic i know. It was about 3m long
croc.jpg

Next is a 4m long Scrub python that was removed from someones house, this was at my last work where we did snake removals.. Scrubbies this size werent uncommon!
scrubbie.jpg

Another snake we removed was this gorgeous Jungle carpet which had decided to lay her eggs in someones front yard. If you look at the photo closely you can see the pythons head, her eggs and right at the bottom you can see part of a cane toad which was actually curled up with the snake!!
jungle.jpg

The snake was removed along with the eggs, and when hatched all the babies and mum were released into national park..
python.jpg

Lastly a skink i found.. i think its a major skink. It was about 25-30cm long
skink.jpg

Hope you like the pics..

Feel free to comment guys!!

- Jess

Daintree is a gorgeous place to visit, would love to live up your way :D

Beautiful animals there, love the gts and scrubby! Thanks for sharing

Cool pics. Love the colour of the tree snake...It never ceases to amaze me the amount of colourations available in this species. Everyone being just as beutifull as the last.

that's great. i've never thought about removal of a snake and her clutch, what was your success rate with the hatchies? how long did you have to incubate for? did you know how long she had been sitting on them, or was it a mystery?

that's great. i've never thought about removal of a snake and her clutch, what was your success rate with the hatchies? how long did you have to incubate for? did you know how long she had been sitting on them, or was it a mystery?

Was a mystery how old the eggs were.. they hatched mid january, i think we had them for about a month and a half. We let her incubate them on her own. Pretty sure most of the eggs hatched, i think their was about 7 hatchies (I had left that workplace before they hatched, so i cant really remember how many, it was in the local paper though).

Wow! How priviliged to have a yard suitable for a python to want to nest :D That would be lovely. And I would have left her there or at least put a barrier around to protect her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back