Rat tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Didn't know which forum to put this in so I just stuck it here.

I am chasing some Rat breeding tubs (the plastic ones with wire lids.) If you have some for sale or know of some for sale please PM me or reply in this thread.
Must be in good condition.
Also, am in Tamworth so would have to be willing to ship or I may be able to pick up from sydney if you are willing to wait.
Thanks

:p hey magpie,when you find some prices can you post them as im going to have to get some or make some myself.I remember someone posting something bout rat cages just cant find it now. :p

We have an excess of Lab breeding boxes for Rats & Mice - we are doing a 'spring' clean out, & upgrade of our housing requirements, and have a few spare...
They are manuf. by Wiretainers Ltd, Melbourne, and retail for about $50 for the small, and up to $90 for the large. They have a very tough poly plastic base (tub) with a stainless steel wire top - easy to clean/wash out. We are also throwing in the water bottle with them, ball bearing type !
Mouse box is approximately 'shoe box' size (150mm x 250mm x 100mmH)
Rat box is about twice as large (400mm x 200m x 150mmH)
[All sizes are approximate, as I don't have the exact dimensions with me right now]
Mouse box $20 each (25% off, 10 or more)
Rat box $40 each (25% off, 10 or more)
All inquires welcome - Please don't hesitate to ask us about any deals we could do for you....
Reptile Munchies are based in Sydney.
Thanks,
Colin

Colin Grinyer
Reptile Munchies
Sydney, NSW
02 9863 3091
[email protected]

Bad news all you reptile munchies fans. I contacted reptilemart coz I couldn't get hold of reptile munchies and got the following reply
"Hello Craig,

You just missed out! Colin from Reptile Munchies emailed us this
afternoon requesting that his link be removed as the business has
been closed. He informed us that all equipment and most of his stock
have been sold.

Best Regards,

Peter.

Damn and blast and all sorts of really bad words.... :evil: :( :cry:
Now who can I find to deliver frozen rodents to my door... :?:

Here comes your knight in shining armour :)
Maggie the herp shop sells new rat tubs for $40.00 a pop. I have 10 of 'em and they are excellent! Just bought two second hand ones today that are bigger and cost me $30.00 each with bungs, not a bad deal!

Anyone know how I would go about shipping frozens interstate? Everyone wants to buy my rats but they are in Sydney and I am in Melbourne. If I can solve the shipping hassles I can retire :)

Solve them shipping probs and I'm in Afric!
Send me a 'Pythons of the World Vol 1 Australia's' worth of the little buggers....

(No, no they are not arrived yet, but it must be not long to wait now...)

Hey Nicole. I can recommend African rats. I bought some last week and they are ooohh soooo tasty... And he even seems like a nice bloke.. :lol: :lol:

Magpie said:
Bad news all you reptile munchies fans. I contacted reptilemart coz I couldn't get hold of reptile munchies and got the following reply
"Hello Craig,

You just missed out! Colin from Reptile Munchies emailed us this
afternoon requesting that his link be removed as the business has
been closed. He informed us that all equipment and most of his stock
have been sold.

Best Regards,

Peter.

That really sux :cry:

Afrikaan - Yeah, I finally found them on the web site, under specials of course. How many full grown adult rats fit into one of the herp shop tubs comfortably? I know you are an animal rights type so you won't have yours crowded at all. :D
As for shipping rats I was thinkin' similar things, but I would only have to ship intra-state. However, I can't see any way of doing it that combines convenience for the customer with a reasonable price. I could transport frozen or live rats to Newcastle every month or so but beyond that it just gets too dificult or expensive.

Well I only use the tubs as "birthing suites" so they only ever have one female and her litter in them but if you were using as love nests :) you should only put a pair in each and that is also Brians reccommendation. I use large cages for them to have their fun times and then move the pregnant females to the tubs. You are right about the shipping issues, If I could find a reasonably priced method of shipping interstate I could retire!!

i used to breed rats in an aviary
i used 5mm sqare wire and had budgee boxes in the aviary
they bred like flies in there no small easy to clean
best way in myb opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back