Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how do you id your herps

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikey

Reaction score
ok so i would like to know how many of you do any of the following
do you give your reptiles a name
do you give your reptiles a id number (if so how do u number them)
both of the above
or any other ways of id ing your herps
if so could you shere your ways of giving ids to your herps

i give all my keepers a name...

all my hatchies get a number and letter M or F pending sex.. eg_ M1 M2 M3, F1 F2 F3 ect

i can always id them by the tank or container there in..

Plus all my adults i know backwards..

I give most numbers, the 1st letters of the latin name followed by m or f for sex then a number, example

My first female Tiliqua scincoides scincoides would be TSSF01. Probably much easier ways but thats just what i have came up with

My system is similar to hornets, and is very important with regards to the proper management of a large collection. Each individual animal has a card on the front of it's cage (green for harmless, pink for venomous) that includes its history prior to its purchase, what antivenom is required, its "code" (for example, OM5 = Oxyuranus microlepidotus, and it's the fifth one in the collection), its sex and its locality.

I use species codes, year of birth and animal number. for example on NSW licensing the species code for strophurus ciliaris is K2053, if it is hatched in the 2010 season then I put 10 after the species code and the first animal bred for the season gets a 01, so it looks like K20531001.
All these numbers on the tubs correspond to cards with all relevant information recorded on them.

i really like your way geck82 i might have to use it my self i used a code system like this for a bearded dragon i would put bd001 so the 001 is just in order of what i get them so if i had 10 beardies it woul go bd001, bd001 so on so on

My system is similar to hornets, and is very important with regards to the proper management of a large collection. Each individual animal has a card on the front of it's cage (green for harmless, pink for venomous) that includes its history prior to its purchase, what antivenom is required, its "code" (for example, OM5 = Oxyuranus microlepidotus, and it's the fifth one in the collection), its sex and its locality.

what do you do with lizards housed together that cant be told apart?

Everything I own is housed singularly, apart from pairs of Bearded Dragons and a big colony of Shinglebacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back