reptile licencing

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by dragondragon, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragondragon

dragondragon Subscriber Subscriber

How long do I have to renew my licence it expires today can I do it online I'm ready to upgrade to class 2 can I do that online also I'm from nsw thanks

2. marcus0002

marcus0002 Guest

Ring npws on monday they should be able to tell you.

3. saximus

saximus Almost Legendary

You should be able to renew it online straight away. You need to fill out an advanced licence application and send it to them before you can upgrade though. It usually takes them a couple of weeks to process

4. dragondragon

yeah i already filled that today do i have to pay for new license fees as well as the renewal i think that should of been my first question thanks i get paid next week so i gotta wait till then but i should be fine till then?

5. saximus

saximus Almost Legendary

No you don't have to pay twice. You only have to pay the difference between how much you've already paid and the new one

6. pythonmum

pythonmum Subscriber Subscriber

When I upgraded they just used the amount I had paid, but the expiry was that much sooner. I upgraded to get womas, which then went to class 1, so I 'downgraded' a year later.

7. dragondragon

I want green tree pythons and maybe some death adders in the future but that's when I move out of my mum's place she doesn't want any venomous snakes in the house

8. pythonmum

pythonmum Subscriber Subscriber

You will need another upgrade for the adders, but moving out is the first challenge.

9. dragondragon

Yeah and then the license is the next challenge 3 more classes

10. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Not so new Member

My mother lives with me and is scared witless when it comes to snakes, she can't even watch them on the telly lol. I am trying to find a nice big place that I can move into so that I can start my collection, mum threatened that if I bought one it would get the same shovel treatment as any wild one she ever finds in the back yard :'(. Lucky she didn't see the little dugite sneaking around at my grandmother's place the last time we visited, I found a snake-hook shaped stick and relocated it to a vacant lot down the road and it slithered away happily and unaware of the threat it faced coming within a 100 Km radius of my mother :S

At least you are in a state where your license will allow you to keep a large variety of snakes, in WA we can only keep childeni, stimsoni, morellia spilota (and only varieties found naturally here in WA) morellia olivaceus and ramsayi. I really want a Bredli but alas! It will not be while I lie here in the West :(

11. zulu

zulu Very Well-Known Member

I sent a browntree snake to perth a few months back and i made it roll in snake viruses, even planted dirty big tuff snake mites on it ,so that west australians can enjoy the same things we do in the developed half of the country :)

12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Not so new Member

LOL. Appreciate the sentiment ;)

13. zulu

zulu Very Well-Known Member

It actually went through a quarantine inspection ,they have all the viruses and mites over there but it wasnt me, i promise ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.