Should I Feed My Jungle Hatchling Year Round?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSquat

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a 6-12 month old jungle that I am keeping on 24 hr heat (24-28 degrees). I also have a sub- adult Woma that I started to bruminate and haven't fed for about a month as she's been cooling down. My question is should I stop feeding the jungle thru the cooler months as well or keep up the normal regime? I'm thinking that the feeding should probably continue even though she is showing less interest in food (refused last fuzzy rat a few weeks ago). Be gentle as I still learning. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No with hatchlings you'll find they do much better on weekly feeding until there a year old

Also imo 28 is to cold for a jungle hatchie and that's probably why she's not eating atm you should try having it on 32 degrees on the hot end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a temp between 24 & 28 this time of the year you're just keeping the snake warm enough to be active but not hot enough to be interested in feeding. By doing this it could be detrimental to the health of the critter. I'd up the temp to around 32 degrees as KC suggests a feed at regular intervals every 7 to 14 days.

Cheers,

George.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back