Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipsylama

Reaction score
There seems to be a "Show us your" thread for almost every other thing, so i thought why not make my own unique one!

Feel free to post pictures of an happy little critter that is taking residence in your garden whether it be Reptile,Bird, Amphibian insect or even a mammal takes some pictures and share them with us here!

I'll kick it off with some Skink pictures!
8277921294_7fcd0e5a6b_z.jpg

Blotched blue tongue (Tiliqua nigrolutea)
8276796851_0c2bc702f0_z.jpg

McCoy's Skink (Anepischetos maccoyi)
8277855812_23a928ae10_z.jpg

Weasel skink(Saproscincus mustelinus)
8277856190_3333169a2d_z.jpg

Weasel skink (Saproscincus mustelinus
Whenever something new decides to pop by the garden and i get a picture of it, that'll be posted in here somewhere! feel free to do the same thing!

Last edited:
DSC00933.jpgDSC00909.jpgDSC00951.jpgDSC01032.jpgDSC00903.jpg

1) green tree frog

2) ?

3) ?

4) desert burrowing frog

5) ornate burrowing frog

This big fellah shows up at our kitchen window most nights to feed off the insects that are attracted to the light. If he seems to be doing it a bit tough I will sometimes go out and offer him a couple of crickets which he takes straight out of my hand.

Attachments

• Big Frog.JPG
    Big Frog.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
This big fellah shows up at our kitchen window most nights to feed off the insects that are attracted to the light. If he seems to be doing it a bit tough I will sometimes go out and offer him a couple of crickets which he takes straight out of my hand.

great pic, i love these big boofa's we get a heap of them up here on the mid nth coast, my wife hates them when they decide to set up a racket just after it rains of a night, there songs of happiness are so deep and ethereal

Great to see the critters in people's yards.

I am particularly pleased to see there are still backyard bluetongues in the St.George area of Sydney. I grew upin Peakhurst and went to school at Penshurst and Kogarah. So all of my herp mates were from around there as well. Most of us would get the odd bluetongur move in and take upreidence for a while.

Blue

Found a new face today! a rather large black rock skink has decided to move in on the outside of my bedroom wall!

Black Rock Skink (Egernia saxatilis)
8290410750_1e8ff456da.jpg

8290409932_39e343782d.jpg

8289350385_dc9420f366.jpg

Last edited:
having trouble showing but heres a list of themView attachment 274756View attachment 274757\

these live at my house in canberra, and my place down the coast

green tree frogs
striped marsh frogs
perons tree frogs
haswells frog
leaf green tree frogs
pied currawongs
magpies
magpie larks
australian ravens
grey butcherbirds
sparrows
indian mynas
noisy miners
king parrots
galahs
yellow tailled black cockatoos
sulphur crested cockatoo
rainbow lorikeets
crimson and eastern rosellas
pacific black duck
australian wood ducks
common bronze wings
white breasted pigeons
crested pigeons
spotted turtle dove
feral pigeons
blue tongue
delicate skinks,
eastern water skinks
red bellied black snake :D

thats about all i can think of ;)

- - - Updated - - -

2nd frog might be a graceful or orange eyed tree frog...

Cute frog haha, keep them coming guys! i might try and get some bird pictures over the weekend.

Tipsylama, the photos you posted are really lovely; very clear and beautiful.

Usually have a few snakes getting around in the yard.

Yesterday I found a little CTS, but there's alot of snakes species aswell.

lesser black whip snakes,
coastals,
Bts,
heaps of skinks, heaps of green tree frogs, starting get to a nice population of roths tree frogs.

We have rainbow lorikeets and pale faced rosellas that like to hang out, plus alot of other birds I don't know the name of.
Lots of centipedes and lots of spiders :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back