skinks mating??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puff

Reaction score
Today I put my new king skink into the same vivarium as my other king skink, just to see how they would get along. After the first day, all seems well...they haven't fought at all or shown agression towards each other, but the old king skink seems a bit scared of the new one (it hides from it in its shoebox). I have 2 separate shoe boxes as hiding places for them. When I got home tonight, I looked in the vivarium and was surprised when I looked through the entrance hole of one of the shoeboxes, that it was empty...there was no skink in it. The rest of the vivarium was bare...so this could only mean one thing, the two of them were together in ONE shoebox. I know you're not supposed to disturb them in their main hiding place, but I thought I should take a peek 'cause I thought one of them might have killed the other one or something. So I lifted the shoebox up...and one of them was on top of the other one...does this mean they were mating???? I have no idea what sex either of them are. But would this be normal behaviour for them to be mating after only having spent half a day together? Horny little buggers! Do skinks ever mistake each other's sex? Like is it possible that they are both females or both males and they're just confused or something? I dunno, but I would really like to know whether they were mating or not.

:p Hey puff,firstly it is very late in the season to breed im not saying impossible but unlikely as it would mean that babies would be born in the middle of winter.I have experienced love at first sight or should i say lust at first sight within minutes the male was all over the female.I think they mated the next day as she was a lil bit hesitant the first day(i guess she didnt want to be seen as easy)but the wine on the second night worked. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back