Snake bites sleeping girl in bed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah. she's very pretty.
The stupid people shouldn't have killed it, but I guess if you think your (very attractive) daughter is in danger and you can't tell if it's venomous you will do anything to protect her.

If it an APS member who was bitten what would they do?
Proberbly just look at it saying "You can't eat me you silly bugger, I'm too big, get out and find something a bit smaller to eat!"

If it an APS member who was bitten what would they do?
Proberbly just look at it saying "You can't eat me you silly bugger, I'm too big, get out and find something a bit smaller to eat!"

I'm hearing you.
No need to kill it.

i woudln't kill it but if a snake bit me in the middle of the night id probbaly still scream out and run for my life :p lol and not go back into my room till i knew it was gone :p

where is howard springs????

Not stupidity to kill it just a really common and dangerous mis-conception. People think that they need to take the snake to hospital to be formerly identified or their loved ones could die.

Not stupidity to kill it just a really common and dangerous mis-conception. People think that they need to take the snake to hospital to be formerly identified or their loved ones could die.

Probably too many people have waatched that Venom ER where rattle snakes prevail, and that is the common practice, although I did see some snakes arrive at that hospital with their intended meals, still alive and hissing in the bottom of a large plastic dustbin or something!!!!!!

I see no problem with someone killing a snake for id purposes after a family member was bitten.

:eek: Jason! You are not a true snake lover! :p ;)

I wonder if there's something we don't yet know about snakes sensory systems...as this is the second time I've seen a snake go for that part of the arm out of the blue (first one was a model with a snake and it suddenly latched on to that bit on the arm). *shrug* Does BO smell like rats/mice?

It's sad that they killed it, but I must admit-before my hubby got me into snakes I was pretty scared of them, and although I would never going around torturing or killing them, I would have thought that what this family did was a perfectly acceptable thing to do! It's a total lack of knowledge and understanding of snakes!!!

I see no problem with someone killing a snake for id purposes after a family member was bitten.

Except you don't need the snake for ID purposes and you can get another person in trouble by doing it. Like i said i don't think it was stupid that they killed it, just misguided, but there are big problems with it.

:eek: Jason! You are not a true snake lover! :p ;)

I wonder if there's something we don't yet know about snakes sensory systems...as this is the second time I've seen a snake go for that part of the arm out of the blue (first one was a model with a snake and it suddenly latched on to that bit on the arm). *shrug* Does BO smell like rats/mice?

haha Tats, Slatey Greys will bite any part they can get hold of, she's lucky she only got one bite. It would of been a defensive bite when she moved.

Except you don't need the snake for ID purposes and you can get another person in trouble by doing it. Like i said i don't think it was stupid that they killed it, just misguided, but there are big problems with it.

Whilst I agree that the person killing the snake could get bitten and I wouldn't recommend anyone try to kill a snake for such a reason, I have no problem with it being done either. Venom detection kits arn't always 100% accurate, but obtaining the culprit is, esp if it's a small snake and can be caught easily (preferably alive).

Whilst I agree that the person killing the snake could get bitten and I wouldn't recommend anyone try to kill a snake for such a reason, I have no problem with it being done either. Venom detection kits arn't always 100% accurate, but obtaining the culprit is, esp if it's a small snake and can be caught easily (preferably alive).

Fair enough. Like i said i don't recon anyone was doing it out of callousness, they were only doing what they thought was the best ting by their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back