Snake doesn't hide anymore

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My carpet python is just over a year old and always hid in the 7 months I had him, I would occasionally see him roaming in the middle of the night if I would wake up, but never during the day. Almost a month ago I was doing his monthly tank clean and I changed the bedding rearranged it and put in a new exo terra hide, he always had the simple black box hide before that. I alway rearrange his tank when I do a clean just so its new to him, but after this cage clean and me putting his new hide in he never hides in almost a month he hasn't hid in his hide once. I did put his old hide back in after about a week but he didn't even hide it that. he's still very healthy eating pooping and drinking fine. it just weird behaviour to me.

Hi, I don't know the reason but my Stimmy is like that now. It's only about 17 months old and always hid away during the day for months after I got it and was only out and about after dusk. Now it only hides away when amidst the shed cycle. Doesn't roam around during the day but is happy to coil up out in the open in its enclosure. Still eats, poops, sheds fine. I guess being in a dimly lit and very low traffic area, it doesn't feel the need to remain constantly hidden away.

Makes observation a lot easier. :p

My Spotted python (which is positioned right next to the Stimmy) is always hidden away during the daylight hours though.

Last edited:
My current scrubby (only a yearling) doesn't hide.
He did for about a week when brought home, but is now always just on a branch, moving between warm and cool end.

I've had diamonds who also didn't hide, and some who almost always did.

Don't stress, just enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back