Snake ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
annoyingly painful bite, localised swelling and extremely sensitive.

my thoughts exactly! lol..from what i've heard, not the best snake to be free handling....in the wild
His not free handling,does have the head restraint....Free handling is when the snake is roaming free in ur hands,As Gordo has mentioned..Marsh snake..

thanks guys and yea i know :p i dont normaly handle snakes i dont know what it was but i work on a farm and this little guy brushed across my hand as i was working around grass so i wanted to get a close pic of him for this i didnt know marsh snakes lived at springbrook

just did some reading on them and it was found near a dam and there are lots of frogs there which they eat :)

There is a rule that goes with all snakes ...
If U don't know what the snake is leave it alone - do NOT touch
keep smiling

Maybe one day tools on here will answer a straight question without giving people crap. I dont believe he asked for any advise about handling snakes.

Lets just say he was an experienced handler/keeper of say taipans would you still be giving him crap for picking it up?

Maybe one day tools on here will answer a straight question without giving people crap. I dont believe he asked for any advise about handling snakes.

Lets just say he was an experienced handler/keeper of say taipans would you still be giving him crap for picking it up?

Nobody living on the gold coast with sufficient experience to be keeping taipans would have difficulty in identifying such a common, distinctive animal.

Lol calm down.

If he was an experienced ven handler, he wouldnt be asking for an ID ;)

It will never happen, it's a tradition on these boards, never miss a chance to post! lol

Last edited:
Telling someone that it's silly to handle vens when you don't know what you're doing is crap?

Cool,
awesome find mate,
i love marsh snakes,
everyone ive come across has been so placid and very
hesitant to strike,if at all.

Must be something in the air...some of you are very testy tonight!

It is certainly not bad advice to advise against handling something you cannot ID...I cannot imagine why people are being abused for offering such sensible advice. He even stated that he doesn't handle snakes and had no clue what it was! Those of you condoning such reckless behaviour are absolute imbeciles.

Must be something in the air...some of you are very testy tonight!

It is certainly not bad advice to advise against handling something you cannot ID...I cannot imagine why people are being abused for offering such sensible advice. He even stated that he doesn't handle snakes and had no clue what it was! Those of you condoning such reckless behaviour are absolute imbeciles.

Here here!

Sorry Melissa, I actually thought the thread read snake ID? not actually critisise someone for posting a thread. I do not condone people for handling snakes that have not been ID.

Give the guy a poor break and let him feel comfortable about posting a thread.
Advice is great and I agree, but having quite a few people going on about the same thing can be quite intimidating.

Not in "much" danger? He had a good hold of its head? What about when he was trying to get hold of its head?

Come on, surely you people can see why it is not a good idea to grab hold of a snake that you cannot even ID?
Good old APS, it never fails to deliver when it comes to things like this...
Some people were trained to pin snakes well before they learnt how to tail.

In some circumstances it is far safer to pin a snake (eg a 2ft EB) than to tail the animal. How can anyone question this persons experience unless you know them? I have performed hundreds of relocations and I would not have positively ID'd this snake! There have been times that I have not positively ID'd the animals I have relocated and had I known of this forum would have happily asked for confirmation or help from some of the experts on this sight. We are so quick to condemn sometimes!

Some people were trained to pin snakes well before they learnt how to tail.

In some circumstances it is far safer to pin a snake (eg a 2ft EB) than to tail the animal. How can anyone question this persons experience unless you know them? I have performed hundreds of relocations and I would not have positively ID'd this snake! There have been times that I have not positively ID'd the animals I have relocated and had I known of this forum would have happily asked for confirmation or help from some of the experts on this sight. We are so quick to condemn sometimes!

You're really missing the point...

i dont normaly handle snakes i dont know what it was

^ That is how I can "question this persons experience," even without knowing them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back