Snake ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha wow didnt see this massive fight thread starting lol and who really cares if I handle a snake and I i get bitten it doesnt effect anyone else only me and i wasn't alone out there i had my bro and a good mate + a first aid kit on the tractor if one day i do get bitten i dont care im not going to hate and kill snakes after getting bitten if i know its a brown or a tiger something that might kill me i wont touch it but i saw the golden stripes and first thoughts were a crown then when i pinned it and got it in my hands i knew it wasnt.

Melissa basically stated my opinion. I'm in no way an expert on snakes and therefore wouldn't even dare to touch an unknown snake. I thought it'd just be common sense..I'm just agreeing with what Melissa said regarding the stupidity of picking up an unknown species. That's all, just my opinion ;)

sorry but if you get bitten it does affect all of us keepers, especially if the media finds out.

donks

or worse, you'll end up on Hoser's totally inaccurate bites list.

God some people go on with alot a crap!!!!!
Wouldnt blame woody101 for not posting again.
Some peoples worlds are so small!!!!!!!!!!

You can call me a communist hippy if you like but i do care if you get bitten. I don't like seeing people getting hurt in any scenario, except cage fighting... i like that.

We're going into hypotheticals here but if you did get bitten it can affect other people. That is the unfortunate part of the public health system, everyone helps to pay for everyone else. Something alot of people don't consider is that even though alot of snakes probably wont kill you they will knock you around pretty hardcore for a few days.

It is good to hear you weren't totally stupid and had a couple others around you and a first aid kit (which you should check to make sure it contains the appropriate pressure bandages, beleive me bandages are not created equal when it comes to snake bite) should something go wrong. But i wonder if there was maybe a little bit of showing off going on? 'Watch out boys, it's a snake! But i know what what i'm doing!' :lol:

Do a handling and identification course, then you'll probably have the skills to handle the ones that can kill you and know what they are. Then you can post heaps of pictures in the elapid thread.

haha wow didnt see this massive fight thread starting lol and who really cares if I handle a snake and I i get bitten it doesnt effect anyone else only me and i wasn't alone out there i had my bro and a good mate + a first aid kit on the tractor if one day i do get bitten i dont care im not going to hate and kill snakes after getting bitten if i know its a brown or a tiger something that might kill me i wont touch it but i saw the golden stripes and first thoughts were a crown then when i pinned it and got it in my hands i knew it wasnt.

waruikaz

Haha i know what you mean cage fighting is something i love to watch :p and na im not a show off all i saw was a little snake with gold stripes down its head with not pattern down its body so i knew it wasnt a tiger or a brown and yes a handling course is on my to do list hopefully soon and dont worry the first aid kit has the right stuff in it as my brother/mate and myself are all qualified first aiders so we know what to do and what to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back