Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the snake repellent would also "work" on drop brears :p

They're up in the trees, so you have to turn the device upsidedown, the fact that the solar panel is now faced away from the sun should not effect the function at all....... thats unless a drop bear comes into your yard, then clearly you have a faulty device.

it just so happens a friend of my daughter has just ordered 3 of them. He didn't want to buy the big bridge I have for sale up in sydney but he did agree to let me borrow one when they arrive to run a test in with some of my tigers etc. He also told me he was told (seriously) they are NOT affective on CAPTIVE snakes. Obviously you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

it just so happens a friend of my daughter has just ordered 3 of them. He didn't want to buy the big bridge I have for sale up in sydney but he did agree to let me borrow one when they arrive to run a test in with some of my tigers etc. He also told me he was told (seriously) they are NOT affective on CAPTIVE snakes. Obviously you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Well let us know how you get on with this wonderful snake invention:lol::lol::lol:

I was going to test this device outdoors with it set up as instructed but the weather down here is still too winter like even for local species so in tank had to do.
I dissassembled it to a certain extent but this would not effect it's operation in any way. The only bit missing is a short aluminium tube which fits between the top solar array and the tapered tip containing the vibrator.
The unit vibrates for about a 2 seconds in a cycle of about ten seconds. It was in with one of my tigers and he spent the best part of an entire afternoon snoozing with his head resting on the tip. There was no reaction to the switching on and off at all. I think the only way this device is going to repel a snake is if you keep it handy and throw it at the next snake that comes along.

Attachments

• tiger repel.jpg
    tiger repel.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 599
  • tiger repel 2.jpg
    tiger repel 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 628
pfft... you tampered with it's special operation system obviously... That tube is it's secret, without it makes it useless...

pfft... you tampered with it's special operation system obviously... That tube is it's secret, without it makes it useless...
Funny you should say that. It's exactly what the guy that loaned it to me said. He was also told by the seller that the device will not work on captive snakes, guess they were right.

Funny you should say that. It's exactly what the guy that loaned it to me said. He was also told by the seller that the device will not work on captive snakes, guess they were right.

HAHA that's hilarious....reckon you could get a video of it?? That would really smack home the truth.

Bahhhhahahaha.....classic Baxtor
are you able to setup an outdoor tester ;)(using the secret pole)
and tell your snakes to pretend that they are "wild" :lol::lol::lol:

Quote from Baxtor & Pics: It was in with one of my tigers and he spent the best part of an entire afternoon snoozing with his head resting on the tip. There was no reaction to the switching on and off at all. I think the only way this device is going to repel a snake is if you keep it handy and throw it at the next snake that comes along. (End quote)

Baxtor, I love those two pics. Absolutely priceless! Did you happen to send those pics through to the company?

cheers
Joy

I think I have a short video available of field test done this afternoon. I am afraid I am no steven spielberg but it should get the point across regardless of quality.
[video=youtube;evSZnLrq6aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evSZnLrq6aw[/video]

Bahaha I don't know u hung on to the snake he looked Like he really was being repelled. The power of the usless invention repells you. Lol.

driving through bundaberg i noticed a sign outside a vets,advertising a reptile repelant, i shall enquire and in form them of the quality of such a product. don't vets make enough money without flogging this crap.
cheers

My friends in New Zealand swear by them.....

.....they haven't seen a snake yet.

With this thing there is "No need to spread expensive, potentially dangerous and for the most part ineffective chemicals around your home".

What are these snake-repelling chemicals I wonder? Napalm would work, I guess. But this is my favourite from their site:
Even if you are just renting a holiday house for a few weeks or months, it is a great idea to take along some repeller units, as the effect is immediate, and can easily be installed in minutes or packed up and taken home until the next time. Then you can enjoy your rest with worrying about the local snakes. Take them with you in your camper / motorhome and install them wherever you stop for a while . If you plan a cookout place some units around the area to ensure a trouble free day.

Love that youtube vid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back