southern leaf-tail heating requirments

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crocka79

Reaction score
gday, just wondering if anyone is keeping southern leaftails (phyllurus platurus) with a similar climate to adelaide. Are you having success keeping them with no heatsource? Thanks in advance trevor

None at all thay do not need it in sa these guys don't like the heat and can loose there tail if thay get to 22to28 no hotter. Will do them just fine try to give them a light spray every morning if temps get to hot were thay are move them to cooler aira these guys don't like the heat

thanks for confirming for me geckoman, they are in my laundry at the moment which is the coolest and quietest part of our house. The male of this pair is one highly strung individual! Hence the move to the laundry so he wouldnt get stressed. Yes been misting morning and late arvo. This pair came from queensland and were kept with no heating, but a little warmer and more humid up that way than adelaide so want to be 100% sure. Fascinating critters though glad ive got them, thanks again for your advice

I don't keep Phyllurus platurus but I do keep some Saltuarius. I know keepers with P.platurus who don't heat them at all.

I give them a heat mat behind a rock wall at the back on an exo-terra that heats about 1/3 of the total surface area. That seems to be enough.

thanks for your input rocket, they are currently housed next to another exoterra tank that is heated from underneath. So one side is getting a little radiant heat and sits mid to low 20s rest of tank ambient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back