stimmie locality ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
so we picked up a pair of chompy stimmies today, but the guy was unsure of their locality, is there anyway to id them from the pics below? female is the one in the first pic having a good chomp on hubbies arm:

female stimmie.jpgmale stimmie.jpg

They are probably a mixed locale. It impossible to put a locale on them unless they are wild caught or bred directly from wild caught parents because of all the mixing that has occured in the hobby. I've notoced a lot of people call their stimi's wheatbelt when they are not... Really locale specific animals are a luxury only a few people have....
It's better to just give them discriptons based on their looks as per the Ball pythons enthusiests in the states.

Probably central Australian desert stimsons. Western Australian specimens have very particular patterning and this is not evident in the depicted specimens. Therefore this leaves the original locale or mixture of locales (if mix bred over generations) just about anywhere east of WA.

They are probably a mixed locale. It impossible to put a locale on them unless they are wild caught or bred directly from wild caught parents because of all the mixing that has occured in the hobby. I've notoced a lot of people call their stimi's wheatbelt when they are not... Really locale specific animals are a luxury only a few people have....
It's better to just give them discriptons based on their looks as per the Ball pythons enthusiests in the states.

So u saying Snake Ranch r selling WheatBelts that r not???? i got 2 from there...can u prove they r liars???

So u saying Snake Ranch r selling WheatBelts that r not???? i got 2 from there...can u prove they r liars???

Dude calm down he wasn't calling anyone a liar. He said a lot of them are mixed now. Truth is that most people who are actually "lying" probably don't even realise it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back