the good old DEC

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9 weeks???
i got my record book back within a week and an import licence at the end of march back within a week and a half. once again i'll go against popular opinion and support DECC for their work, and prompt dealings i have had with them since the amnesty.

My pigeon arrived two weeks ago. I will be attaching my books asap and winging it off to Hurstville.

fair enough kurto. but lets say 1000 import / export permits per year (and thats a conservative estimate) x $20 each = $20,000 there and they already have a full time staff that does the processing of the forms now that could be utilised to handle the database and associated tasks?

but your right.. cant see it happening in a hurry as the NSW government moves like its running on square wheels and is probably broke as you say.. with the Labor Party crew at the helm..

Now stop that Colin... It would be surprising if the Labor Party continues to govern after the next election. Now is the time to start talking the the Shadow Minister, explaining the problems we have with a bureaucracy that refuses to grow with the times, and seeing what they are prepared to offer. The sheer stupidity of DECCW dealing with the thousands of hard-copy returns in 2010 is hard to fathom. Printing costs, postage, manpower to sort & catalogue, chasing up non returners and dealing with increasing numbers of import/export costs etc must cost heaps. Not mention storing/archiving the paperwork.

I just don't get it, unless it's to keep a lot of desk-jockeys in work...

Jamie.

I bet it won't take them long to send out fines in the mail though with the new "late book returns" rule.
Priorities peoples thats all it is haha. Revenue is more import then your AKL licence or import/export permit LOL

maybe thats the trick?? faxing the export application? :)
I always fax mine - they usually take 1-2 weeks but the last few months have taken 3 weeks :(
They should be able to fax them back or email instead of posting because our mail takes an extra week to get here too. It would be awesome if you could do it all online.

They could easily set it up so that transactions for the day or week were checked and cross-checked against purchaser/vendor or importer/exporter, that the numbers were correct and that all transactions were between appropriately licensed individuals. And if the states actually collaborated on something for once, the database they worked from could be nationwide - or maybe that concept would be too hard to grasp... One or two people spending an hour or two a day could do that on an electronic system. As it is now, the info they receive is ancient history if the transactions took place early in the herp record year, this in itself must complicate any enquiries or further action.

J.

I find it hard to beleive anyone would have to wait 9 weeks.

We always fax with credit card details..have not had a problem.

They could employ me to do them...I will sort them out LOL

Now is the time to start talking the the Shadow Minister, explaining the problems we have with a bureaucracy that refuses to grow with the times, and seeing what they are prepared to offer. The sheer stupidity of DECCW dealing with the thousands of hard-copy returns in 2010 is hard to fathom. Printing costs, postage, manpower to sort & catalogue, chasing up non returners and dealing with increasing numbers of import/export costs etc must cost heaps. Not mention storing/archiving the paperwork. I just don't get it, unless it's to keep a lot of desk-jockeys in work..Jamie.

exactly true jamie but we need some organised body to head our cause for reform and change and represent reptile keepers as a whole.. whats the latest on the NRKA by the way please mate? any news on this front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back