the good old DEC

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re the

I just got an export permit , took around 1 week to be posted back to me .... not sure what you guys are doing wrong ....

Thats cause your at wollongong and the messenger pigeons they use at DECC are released from the DECC COOP on the top floor at hustville,if the breeze is coming from the north theyll reach wolllongong in a hour depending on the strength anf flight capability of the bird they use.

Thats cause your at wollongong and the messenger pigeons they use at DECC are released from the DECC COOP on the top floor at hustville,if the breeze is coming from the north theyll reach wolllongong in a hour depending on the strength anf flight capability of the bird they use.

The swallow, I believe. In a coconut ;)
in order to maintain its air speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second right? (god i watch too much monty python)

It is the same the world over; give a bureaucrat a job and they create more bureaucracy to keep their job secure then they need another bureaucrat to help and they then create double the bureaucracy and so on. then before you know it the world is over run by middle men who dont really accomplish anything or create anything of substance or any value what so ever. Before we know it the world is knee deep in paper work and dodgy computer programs that dont function properly thanks to the middle men/bureucrats request for non functioning bells and whistles to aid in the creation of bureaucracy. Our only hope as a species is to fill a huge space ship full of middle men like accountants, philosophers, art students, DEC workers, sales analysts, hair dressers, insurance salesmen, telephone sanitisers (no wait a minute we should keep telephone sanitisers just in case :) ). Then send ship off into space on the pretence that the planet is about to be destroyed by a giant space monster and the middle men are needed as vanguard to colonise the new planet. We will keep the people that do stuff like builders, engineers, doctors and the thinkers like architects, civil engineers.

and ive been calling them trying to get just my license number so i can buy a freaking snake. Sorry we cant help u....... I'll give them sorry.........

Brett are you serious...they better hurry up. Might give them a call tomorrow and see if they have processed it yet and get the Permit Number.

free in qld now to if you use the online movement permit!!!! and its instant fill it out print it off sign the pages and post of the required bits!!!

much better then perth..................

god i watch too much monty python
There is no such thing as too much MP.

----------------------

I had an import permit processed within 1 week late last year.

Would the extra time at the moment be due to the fact we've all just returned our record books & they need processing too? That is, is it a manpower issue? (or person-power for all you PC wowsers).

Bad timing considering this is the time all the shows are on, & around the country a lot of hatchling (or otherwise) herps are being bought & sold.

9 weeks is a joke

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine in 4 days when faxed, like dicky don't know what your doing wrong.

Gird

Also for those experiencing delayed responses, how are you doing the paperwork?

When I did mine last year, I filled out the application, scanned it as a .pdf file, & emailed it to them.
Within a week, they responded to my email to let me know what my import permit number was so I could tell the seller & get the animal sent.
A few days later I received the paper copy of the permit, but by then I already had taken delivery of my animal.

I leave bird seed out the front to , i think that helps ;)

hrmmmm maybe the key is faxing them ? ......
unless they just look after Mr Dickyknee because hes "special" hehehehe

Got mine in 4 days when faxed, like dicky don't know what your doing wrong.Gird

maybe thats the trick?? faxing the export application? :)

I recently had several export applications pending that I posted in and had about a 3 week wait. this is a bit annoying especially when we pay $20 for each NSW DECC import / export permit and have buyers who have paid up money for their animals waiting for them to be freighted interstate.

I've continually wondered why they can set up a better system than the current one, such as us filling in the forms online, paying the fee online and then downloading and printing it out ourselves. they still get their $20 but we do all the work.. and they can have someone double check the details of online forms and if theres a problem phone the person in question about it to rectify the form etc. If they can do this interstate with their movement advices etc I cant see why NSW can't introduce a similar user friendly system?

re the

I recently had several export applications pending that I posted in and had about a 3 week wait. this is a bit annoying especially when we pay $20 for each NSW DECC import / export permit and have buyers who have paid up money for their animals waiting for them to be freighted interstate.

I've continually wondered why they can set up a better system than the current one, such as us filling in the forms online, paying the fee online and then downloading and printing it out ourselves. they still get their $20 but we do all the work.. and they can have someone double check the details of online forms and if theres a problem phone the person in question about it to rectify the form etc. If they can do this interstate with their movement advices etc I cant see why NSW can't introduce a similar user friendly system?

Exactly colin,that and the record keepng can be done online,i thought that Dr Mirranda Gott was looking into these matters years back but it seems it was another exercise in government waste.

I agree Colin, though to set-up an online database to handle such content would cost $10,000 to $30,000 or more. Plus they would have to employ full time staff to handle the database. Now I don't see that happening in a hurry, the government's broke! didn't you know? :rolleyes:

I agree Colin, though to set-up an online database to handle such content would cost $10,000 to $30,000 or more. Plus they would have to employ full time staff to handle the database. Now I don't see that happening in a hurry, the government's broke! didn't you know? :rolleyes:

fair enough kurto. but lets say 1000 import / export permits per year (and thats a conservative estimate) x $20 each = $20,000 there and they already have a full time staff that does the processing of the forms now that could be utilised to handle the database and associated tasks?

but your right.. cant see it happening in a hurry as the NSW government moves like its running on square wheels and is probably broke as you say.. with the Labor Party crew at the helm..

I faxed a permit app in the morning and it was back the next morning.May be faxing is better off, sure is quicker.

I faxed a permit app in the morning and it was back the next morning.May be faxing is better off, sure is quicker.

Ive always faxed my applications, but it hasnt helped the last two I applied for. Doesnt help that DEC dont answer their phones either.

The swallow, I believe. In a coconut ;)
in order to maintain its air speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second right? (god i watch too much monty python)
Now I don't know, European swallows couldn't manage the load and African swallows aren't migratory. If you could get African swallows to do the job then obviously a laden swallow will always take twice as long to do these things, unless of course we're talking two laden swallows who will take four times longer if they're carrying it on a line between them.

(and you think you watch too much :shock:)

Threads like this make me endlessly glad I don't have to deal with the DEC, however QPWS is really no better, they just stuff different things up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back