The great APS rat swap

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone near Richmond or Mosman Syd have any 'unusual' rats for sale? Headspots, downunders, blazed, BEWs etc.

Hey just wondering if anyone breeds or sells Manx (tailless) mice around the brissy area? And if any one prefers breeding Manx compared to normal mice for snake food?

We prefer tailed mice for food. Don't know why though, my partner does it. Be careful breeding manx mice also. It's a deformity. People often have the problem of breeding two manx together and ending up with mice that have short spines and can't walk.

ah thanks for the info, Yeah i remember having one when i was little i think it lasted about a year compared to the normal ones i had that seemed to last for forever. Just curious ever since owning one when i was about 10 i have never seen them for sale at pet shops or even mentioned as pet food.

There's plenty around my area. They're great pets. And you can still breed them, just don't breed manx x manx. You'll need a female manx carrier and a male manx. :) Female manx sometimes have trouble giving birth.

Is a female manx carrier, just a normal female mouse or a normal female mouse out of a litter that produced manx?? sorry for all the questions, but your the only one supplying answers lol. oh and Thanks for the info.

Oh jeez i'm slack lol

A female manx carrier is a normal looking mouse that has manx relatives :)

Ok, does anyone have any rats or mice available between VIC and Syd? I lost the majority of my stock in the heat :(

Also, is anyone else having trouble breeding rats at the moment? All the fanciers and half the feeders i know are having absolutely no luck breeding for some reason..

Also, is anyone else having trouble breeding rats at the moment? All the fanciers and half the feeders i know are having absolutely no luck breeding for some reason..

Ours are taking a little longer to get pregenant but they're still doing well. It's been giving us time to bother with blazed varigated that we have been working on though.

For this reason we heat the rodent shed, Breeding never stops!

Mine are doing fine too, but since we lost the majority of our rodents we're running out of females and it's beginning to get annoying not being able to find new ones!

The thing i find weird is the fact that most fanciers keep theirs inside so it's surely got to be warm..? Yet they're still struggling.

i'm still doing well, rats and mice are both going strong, and it's been as low as 0.6 in the rodent farm already this winter..
how many are you looking to get lonewolf, i may be able to help.

mine go off in winter !!
trying to scale down, two many females dropping to many babies...........lol

I'm after practically as many as i can get lol i'm down to 3 breeding females and i'm getting a huge 15 tub rat rack this week :) But it may be a good idea to only get a few from each breeder so i don't have all the same bloodlines happening.. So say 5 maybe?

I have 6 different blood lines going at the moment, but can only supply young animals from 3 lines..

Hmm, well can i get back to you after Tues? Have to sort something out about transport. What colours/markings do you have? :p

as far as i know markings and coulour doesnt afect the friendlyness of the rat i have a bekshire that bites. also the only unhealthy rats are the blue rats although the line is getting stronger.
its ok to have a couple of rats as pets and feed the rest to reptiles but personally i couldnt do it i love snakes but i also love my rats so am stiking to frogs beardies and turttles.
as for the diferent coulours, diferent states have diferent names it is very confussing. and feeder lines can come out with diferent markings/coulours than the usual show rat.
also does anyone breed rats in the newcatle area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back