Weighing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Anybody know where one can get a reasonably priced set of electronic scales that go up to about 10kg or so? Mine only go to 2 kg and are not much use for adult snakes.

Afric,

The best idea I would think is a set of fish weighing scales. Tare it to a bag and then stick your snake in it! They should go up to at least 10kg and makes your weighing easy! :lol:

Try a Fish and Tackle shop.

Cheers Hawkeye

Good scales cost. No way around it unless you luck out. My advice is to use your small scale to get into the illicit drug business, and make enough to buy a bigger one. :D

Just in case anyone is curious, I have a 0-100kg digital scale. Reads in 1 gram increments, and has all the bells and whistles. It can do counting, multiple tare, and even has a serial interface to communicate with PC. You can see it in one of my pics in the gallery. Only bad thing is price. New, it is around $3000US. :shock:

No, I'm not a drug kingpin, by the way. I got the scale in trade for some computer work I did. Other than weighing my snakes, their food, and the kids, it don't see much use. Oh yeah, I occasionally set my beer on it while playing on the computer, and keep track of how much I drink, or other such pointless stuff. Even still, my small balance type scale does see occasional use. :wink: :D :wink:

Thanks Hawks, I had thought about that but would really like a set of digital scales. The fish scales will be the go if I can't find anything else though.

What a great idea Almaron, never thought of that, now have to go and get some raw material so C ya's later :)

Africa,
I have been looking around for a set of digital scales for the last couple of weeks.(Almaron's post about weighing got me thinking). Best I could find was 0-5kg in 1 gram increments for $90..
Where did you get your 0-2Kg scales and how much were they as that would suit me fine as alf is only little... :) :)

why not just put your snake in a pillowcase, if bigger wrap in a sheet and use a conventional scale?

Harty

I bought a digital scale 0-2kg in 1gram graduations. Cost about $60 in Victorias Basement in the QVB Sydney - They had/may still have a sale on and had about 5 types ranging in price upt to $130. Mine has a Tare off option which is convenient.

8)

Am trying to find details of where to get them from at the moment but you can buy scales called mother and baby scales. They flick from 0-2kg at 1g increments to 0-100kg at 100g increments (or something similar, don't know the actuals yet, my wife is chasing them up for me.) Hawkeye may have seen them, they are usually found in the paeds ward at hospitals. :D Will let you know when I get some details.

We just got 0-2kg,1g accurate digital scale from Jaycar electronics.They got them on special $49.95. :D

Thanks Hawks and Maggie :)

Harty, I think I paid around 70 bucks for mine at K-Mart. They are good but don't go high enough for weighing Mustang or Sally.

Just a thought here MrJulidochromisDickfeldi (yeah it is a fishy :p )

What about digital bathroom scales.Me thinks you should be able to get a set for around $120ish.

cheers M

Yeah maggie I know the scales that you are talking about but they are rediculously expensive (like $400+) anything medical automatically has a premium price put on it. I just might take my little Bredl to work and way him on the baby scales :lol: :lol:

Cheers Hawkeye

Thanks for the post Fangster. I went down to Jaycar this arvo and picked up a set of the scales.
In the left corner, We have Alfy, weighing in at a massive 40 grams.
The scales will be good for a fair while I think.. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back