What have you seen eat garden skinks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLACkra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought it would be a interesting topic for a thread as many of us have them living in our backyards. I never really noticed anythign eating them before untill the grey shrike thrushes arived. not that great to look at a grey colour but thier calls are quite amazing. I now regularly see them with a garden skink by the neck! so what eats garden skinks in your area(cats dogs and other random pets do not count!)

andrew

Kurrawongs.

The neighbours cat, until something is done about it.

IsK

My dog would probably eat them if she could catch them. Quite a sight to see her jumping around the garden chomping on the dirt :lol:

my stimmi ate one once while he was having a roam of my backyard...fastest i have ever seen the little bugger move :p

I agree with codeth, There is always burtons in my backyard, I rescued one from a cat attack a few weeks ago, left him in a click clack for a few hours to calm it before releasing , and it had regurgitated a good sized skink. Unfortunately I am sure that the cane toads get their fair share as well.

Ive seen the following eat Garden Skinks:

Bogans (Victorian Locality)

Westies (Western Sydney locality)

Rural Rednecks (West Queensland locality)

I had Diamond hatchling years ago that would only eat skinks for months, bot was I glad when he moved onto pinky mice. Catching garden skinks sucked big time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back