What lizard should i get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky85

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

So im looking to add to my herp family with a couple lizards, just im not really sure on what i would like to get?
I have always liked monitors, but i think that i dont quite have the room to accomodate a large lizard like that.
I have been thinking maybe angle headed dragons? Anybody got any experience with them?

What can you guys ang girls suggest?

You could still look at the smaller monitors if a monitor is what you would really like.

Angle headed dragons are not best lizard for a first time keeper and they dont sit still (as i have heard), if you want something that you want you and your family to handle and things like that, i would go for a blue tongue or beardie

Also was maybe thinking storrs monitor since they are a bit smaller? Can anybody share their experiences of these?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do like beardies, however most people that i know with a lizard have them. Was kinda wanting something a little different. Save beardies for the future.

Do some good quality research and im sure you will find the best lizard that will suit your needs

Ackies are good to otherwise beardies, shingles, geckos (not great handlers usually)
Some monitors aren't huge. Such as ackies, gillens (pygmy mulgas) storrs. yeah they are all pretty good but I don't know how big of a cage you're allowing for. ackies will fit a 4x2x2 fine but they are active. gillens are smaller but it's always better to give more room rather than less. A good idea is to add shelves or levels for added space.

Yes I do like beardies, however most people that i know with a lizard have them. Was kinda wanting something a little different. Save beardies for the future.

I understand this, that you want something different as I am in the same situation but beardies are common because they are such a fantastic pet. So if it's temperament you're after you really can't beat a beardie however there are exceptions and some monitors and other lizards will take well to handling so it's your choice of what you have space, time for and what takes your fancy.

pygmy mulga monitor might be good for you, they are smaller than other monitors so take up less room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back