Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traveller99

Reaction score
I saw it in Cape Tribulation, north of Cairns.
Is it a Slaty-Grey snake? Small-eyed Snake?

Let's try again

picture.php

picture.php

so didnt happen to get any other snake or rep pics while you were up there.?

Well, I just joined this forum to ask about this snake I saw. I don't raise snakes or anything like this. I was just traveling along the east Australian coast. If you want to know, I also saw a common tree snake. In the photos however you don't even see its head, as it was in a tree, so it is probably not worth posting them. I also saw a spotted python on Fraser Island, but my camera broke down then.
I am sure I passed by many more snakes without noticing them. To illustrate how close I need to get to a snake to see it:
The tree snake was pointed out by the guide on a Daintree river cruise.
I was fairly close to this black snake before I saw it.
I saw the python after another guy walked barefoot in the dark and stepped on it.
More worryingly, back home in Israel I was once walking on a dirt road and when l looked down, I saw a viper with its head half a centimeter from my foot. I moved away slowly. The viper also moved away slowly in the other direction after I took some nice photos of it. I was lucky it didn't bite me, as it's fairly dangerous, and can be deadly if not treated in time. I didn't see it earlier since its color matched very closely the color of the ground.
From my encounters with snakes they seem pretty peaceful. The python didn't even bite the guy, who stepped on it on Fraser Island, and I wasn't bitten by the viper despite stepping millimeters in front of its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back