Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal-shagg

Reaction score
hey everyone. Im looking at filling my tank with freshwater fish or reptiles. have had cichlids and marine and reptiles before so i know the reqirements needed. my question to you all is if you were given a 3x1.5x1.5 foot tank with adequate filtration (weir,external sump and uv steriliser) uv lights and heat, what would you put in it. decisions decisions i know. just want to know everyones thoughts. names and images would be perfect. currently have black gravel in the tank at the moment. no water.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

I would go a mcleay's water snake
enhydris_polylepis.jpg

A backodam
Bockadam%20edited.jpg

Or a files snake
0_98a816c7eb1e9d6302e2db6e4e57beaa.jpg

if you were thinking of more along the lines of fish, then lion fish are absolutely beautiful,
this thread has pics and info on them, they are abo****ly beautifil and dont require much attention,
much cheaper than a snake or turtle as well

Gillens wouldnt be bad, but yeah try and arafura file snake with some australian natives...

i saw discus in with a black ghost knife fish in a fish shop i used to go to alot, was a really impressive looking combination. (and the ph must be right for both since they were like that for ages,...)

it depends...do you want fish or reptiles??
if you want fish then id go with discus or something of the like
but if you want reptiles then go with a file snake...they look really good

I used to keep fish but then they kept on dying so I stayed with reptiles and it was one of the best desisions i've made. As for the tank i'd put something like a gillens monitor, ackie until it grows out of it or any lizard really that fits that tank.

i saw discus in with a black ghost knife fish in a fish shop i used to go to alot, was a really impressive looking combination. (and the ph must be right for both since they were like that for ages,...)

Which shop? Discus and black ghost knifes can only go together for a while untill the ghost knife gets bigger and starts terrorizing the discus at night...

Which shop? Discus and black ghost knifes can only go together for a while untill the ghost knife gets bigger and starts terrorizing the discus at night...

it was the one near pymble station,...cant remember the name.

there was only 1in with a bunch of discus, strength in numbers maybe?
it wasnt a small ghost knife,...beautiful to watch tho!!

fresh water setup. i like the idea of tanks kept for fish and wooden encloures for reptiles. just makes things so much eaiser to make them look great. plus u can get some awesome lookin fish like the discus and chilids. but if i was u i would go all out and get a shrak or croc. thats on my to do list for next year

get some tropical fish or maybe even try a baby water monitor but take it out when it gets to big

yea that sounds good. so many choices. wouldnt mind a file snake. pretty hard to get though yea? hmm no clue.

File snakes can be hard to find but are pretty rewarding, they go for around 1000 (correct me if im wrong) but look sweet as in a nice planted tank with a few australian natives. Apparently some zoo's will get them off breeders so contact a zoo and see where you can find one

(I am with war on this one) I reckon ENHYDRIS polylepis...would be great snakes ...something different to keep ,are freshwater and eats fish etc , so suits what your wanting to do ..not that big in length and it will give us some ideas when we see your setup ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back