Who has a Jug?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you want such a terrible "designer dog" crossbred which will no doubt have so many health problems =(

Genetically health tested pure bred dogs beat badly bred crosses with unknown health conditions. My opinion, of course >.>

Last edited:
We have had around 12 come through my work this year already, most just look like a Pug but darker in colour and dont snort like Pugs haha

How are they awesome? =/ What do they have to offer that a pure bred jack russell or pug can't offer? Other then being cheaper.

Edit: A quick internet search...

Declan4w300.jpg

They have all the genetic problems of pugs (eyes popping out etc) and more often than not, the breeders don't bother with genetic testing and are simply in it for the money :(

If you want a puppy, go to your local shelter. There are plenty of animals there that need a home.

Last edited:
I have mutts.
One of them a Maltese x Shih Tzu, the other looks like an American Eskimo, but mostly looks like a long-haired Chihuahua/Pomeranian.

My brother has a jug - better than purebred pugs as they inherit the JR snout. She's never had any of the breathing or eye problems that pugs are prone to. My brother's friend's pug, on the other hand, wheezes everytime you take him anywhere. Granted, there are some ridiculous crosses out there, but this one seems ok. None of her littermates (that I've heard of) have had any problems

I have a Staffie cross Lhasa Apso. If she was a desiner breed I gusee she would be a Sta-pso, which phoenetically is a Statue.

How come when you cross a red cattle dog with a blue healer, you dont get a purple cat healer?

Cheers Tinky

Do they drop their coat like a jack russell? Ive bred pekingese so the other problems are ok for me, but its the coat cannot stand the hair drop

We have a jack russel cross sausage dog. Perhaps it should be called a jrsog but I shorten it to a jog. It doesn't drop hair.

I have a jug sitting right in front of me as I write

Its about half full

Sorry as but that was irresistible
[like my jug]

Some say half full, others say half empty; then there are yet others who say "This? This is my jug? I don't think so... my jug was full, and it was a bigger jug..."

These day's purebreds are the original designer dog; there are few, particularly in the toy dog range such as pugs, who were bred less for looks and more for health. Designer vs purebred is a moot argument when it comes to money, it's like breeding pythons. If you're selling them, to some degree everyone's in it for the money as opposed to the love of the animal.

I have 2 Jack Russell crosses and both have to be kept inside, they can both jump a backyard fence in one bound, they can both climb trees, the female will find a way out of anything by either climbing, digging or jumping, the male is doesn't want to escape, he just likes to pick fights with my Bull Mastiff x and sit on the fence and bark at the neighbors dog. Things to consider when buying JR crosses or purebreeds, they are Houdinis.

I have 2 Jack Russell crosses and both have to be kept inside, they can both jump a backyard fence in one bound, they can both climb trees, the female will find a way out of anything by either climbing, digging or jumping, the male is doesn't want to escape, he just likes to pick fights with my Bull Mastiff x and sit on the fence and bark at the neighbors dog. Things to consider when buying JR crosses or purebreeds, they are Houdinis.

If you cross JR with a sd it takes the jump out of them.

we already have a jack russell and a staffy lol, but our JR is a lazy bugger

we already have a jack russell and a staffy lol, but our JR is a lazy bugger
and anyway, i'm not paying for it. i'm getting it for free off a friend because of my illnesses as kind of a motivation and a distraction, and also to have a friend :)

why not a bulldog with a ****zu than you can have a bullshi.....wait a minute no one will buy that.

I say go for it,..if you've informed yourself about the possible ailments and are willing to deal with them IF they arise so be it. I looked into getting a French Bulldog but way to much risk with top breeders still testing for about 5 or 6 issues they are trying to breed out. I don't think there is a better companion and distraction than a dog. Unless it's living next door and barks. Show us when you get him/her

I say go for it,..if you've informed yourself about the possible ailments and are willing to deal with them IF they arise so be it. I looked into getting a French Bulldog but way to much risk with top breeders still testing for about 5 or 6 issues they are trying to breed out. I don't think there is a better companion and distraction than a dog. Unless it's living next door and barks. Show us when you get him/her
cheers Mr.Burns :p of course i will!! but it wont be till juneish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back