You a herper? Something to think about/do about.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise how beautiful snakes were until now.

I'm sick of argueing with people i work with about the value af snakes in nature. I feel that it has alot to do with the way that kids are raised.... What do we all teach our kids for safety? If you see a snake run away, be scared, dont go near it, instead of teaching them that yes they have venom but if you show them the respect that they deserve and give them their space they will not harm you. My neice was bitten by an eastern brown, she has been bought up with the respect/space rule and she understands why she got bitten, she wasnt watching where she was walking and stood on it and got tagged, how many 6y/o's will turn around and say "it was my fault, i hurt it and it was just protecting itself"? Luckily it only got her with 1 fang and caused minimal problems, but it has re-enforced the fact that you need to watch what you are doing, give them space and respect and it wont happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back