Your New Mods

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know thomasssss, I've seen enough of your posts to know that, but if I hadn't it could be taken the wrong way, hence my request to be careful with the wording :)

thanks For clearing the air Andrew, written word can be misinterpreted and I'm possibly a little overprotective of the new team while we settle in. Please accept my apologies, I'm human :)

Last edited:
Hey Jax,

How come it doesnt say moderator under your name?

Cos I'm special ? LOL, would you be more comfortable if it did ?

someone asked if I was a 'sneaker' I told them "no way, I'm a sand shoe"

i can change it if you like

APS is a busy site. I have long felt that 3 volunteer moderators was asking far too much of the individuals concerned. It is a significant shift in attitude on behalf of Admin to see them take that number to double figures. I consider this to be a very positive move. Whether past moderators are retained or retire in this process is effectively irrelevant.

So why do I feel this way? With numbers on the ground, early intervention becomes a much more likely occurrence. I think we are all aware of the value of stopping thing before they get started. It also means we can have greater faith that the mod button will be attended to in an appropriate time span. With the likelihood of one or more mods on at any given time, I feel more comfortable that notified issues will be promptly addressed. It may take some time but hopefully others will come to that same conclusion.

There are some inherent difficulties with moderator, as was just illustrated e.g. what is meant as a joke and what is not, sarcasm used between friendly individuals versus sarcasm used to be nasty and so on. Users can assist the Mods by being open and honest and following the advice they give, even if it does not sit well with you – it will be in the best interests of the forum. And that is the bottom line of any Moderators actions.

Whilst not directly related to the changes, there is a lot of ignorance of the site rules and the infraction process and use of tickets. Somehow this information need to be disseminated to all members, particularly those that are new. I will leave that one with you guys.

To those who have put their hand up, you have my respect that you have taken on the responsible task that you have. I hope your experiences are salutary rather than off-putting.

Cheers,
Blue

Cos I'm special ? LOL, would you be more comfortable if it did ?

someone asked if I was a 'sneaker' I told them "no way, I'm a sand shoe"

i can change it if you like

Well I don't really care but I think other users should be aware of your status

I really don't mind harmless humor RI it keeps us all entertained, we just need to be sure that it is appropriate :)

Spoken like a true mod! :lol:

Why haven't I ever been asked dammit!??? At least ask me so I can say no :D Good god I'm like a piece of the furniture around here :lol: Maybe I have a file a mile long behind the scenes :)

Anyway, welcome. Hard to keep track of you guys so the introduction is a good move :lol:

Spoken like a true mod! :lol:

Why haven't I ever been asked dammit!??? At least ask me so I can say no :D Good god I'm like a piece of the furniture around here :lol: Maybe I have a file a mile long behind the scenes :)

Anyway, welcome. Hard to keep track of you guys so the introduction is a good move :lol:

Member since 2003. You are a piece of the APS furniture now. :)
Nothing like noob mods to keep you old schoolers inline :D

Hi mods

good luck and enjoy,

hopefully the Keelback stuff will stop in the Id threads now.

Cheers
scott​

Welcome to the new mods, its great to see such a terrific new team taking the reins!

Last edited:
Hi mods

good luck and enjoy,

hopefully the Keelback stuff will stop in the Id threads now.

Cheers
scott​

That is certainly my intention Scott. It should be a place to provide accurate information with reasons why a certain ID was made, what key identifying features were used etc to help educate those less knowledgeable and a place where differing opinions can be discussed in a mature way. Not to make frivolous guesses in an attempt at humour.

The recent thread about Mount Warning Skink is a perfect example of how the threads should be conducted.

thanks For clearing the air Andrew, written word can be misinterpreted and I'm possibly a little overprotective of the new team while we settle in. Please accept my apologies, I'm human :)

No need for apologies. It was a poor attempt at humour on my behalf.

APS is a busy site. I have long felt that 3 volunteer moderators was asking far too much of the individuals concerned. It is a significant shift in attitude on behalf of Admin to see them take that number to double figures. I consider this to be a very positive move. Whether past moderators are retained or retire in this process is effectively irrelevant.

So why do I feel this way? With numbers on the ground, early intervention becomes a much more likely occurrence. I think we are all aware of the value of stopping thing before they get started. It also means we can have greater faith that the mod button will be attended to in an appropriate time span. With the likelihood of one or more mods on at any given time, I feel more comfortable that notified issues will be promptly addressed. It may take some time but hopefully others will come to that same conclusion.

There are some inherent difficulties with moderator, as was just illustrated e.g. what is meant as a joke and what is not, sarcasm used between friendly individuals versus sarcasm used to be nasty and so on. Users can assist the Mods by being open and honest and following the advice they give, even if it does not sit well with you – it will be in the best interests of the forum. And that is the bottom line of any Moderators actions.

Whilst not directly related to the changes, there is a lot of ignorance of the site rules and the infraction process and use of tickets. Somehow this information need to be disseminated to all members, particularly those that are new. I will leave that one with you guys.

To those who have put their hand up, you have my respect that you have taken on the responsible task that you have. I hope your experiences are salutary rather than off-putting.

Cheers,
Blue

Blue you would make an awesome mod :)

Cathy

I would also like to congratulate all the new mods, and thank them for thier efforts in getting my ban lifted. I have been watching from the sidelines and think the changes are awesome..... well done to Administrator for steering a great site in the right direction :D

537471_205375352933104_1735462917_n.jpg

Fay is still a moderator.....she's a super Moderator :lol:

Slatey asked me to come back just for a week or so,just to help the new ones get settled in as much as I can.
I really feel that these guys will do an awesome job. They all seem like wonderful people.

I wanted to say good luck to all the new mods. This site has so many great minds and gives such great advice. If we can get rid of the bs and save the arguing for p.m's, this site would be pure gold. As we all know this site is what we make of it. I honestly hope we all could work to gather to get this site going at its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back