need advice PLEASE !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Reaction score
hi im new to snakes and i was just wondering if there is an easy way to tell the difference between male and females like different markings or you have to get them probed by a vet ? and a bloke i know said its ok to inter breed snakes. is this true or is he b.s . also are childrens pythons snappy or just depends on the snake ? any advice would be appreciated.
cheers dazza :?

best way to tell is to have snakes probed,
interbreeding? :p its not good.
childrens arnt usually snappy altho there are exceptions

No easy way, sometimes can tell by the tails in mature specimens (check out pilbara pythons website for more in depth analysis). Probing is more certain.

You can inbreed to a certain extent but you try to avoid where possible.

Many childrens python hatchy's are snappy but most adults are puppy dogs.

Hope that helps

Hi Dazza

hi im new to snakes and i was just wondering if there is an easy way to tell the difference between male and females like different markings or you have to get them probed by a vet ? and a bloke i know said its ok to inter breed snakes. is this true or is he b.s . also are childrens pythons snappy or just depends on the snake ? any advice would be appreciated.
cheers dazza :?

There are many more people on this site with experience that far outways mine but the best and in my opinion, only way to sex a snake correctly is to probe it. This should only be done by someone who has been shown how to do it and seen it done several times. Misuse of probing tools can severely injure a snake particular snakes such as Diamond pythons as there clocal wall is thinner than most. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Markings etc etc, forget it.

Snakes can interbreed but a great deal of people prefer to have snakes that come from a different gene pool.

Any snake, especially ones that you have had since hatchies will, IMO, and if handled freqeuntly, will be fairly placid. As with any animal breeding can play a big part in the temperament of the babies.

I have some Chrildreni's from Afro and they are brilliant and are only snappy for the first couple of weeks.

Hope to chat soon.

cheers

thanks for the advice. greatly appreciated:D :D

Newbie with a childreni

When we picked up our childrens python the breeder had two out to show us. One was quite nervous and aggressive, the other placid and confident - moving around and easily handled. He recommended we take the easy going one. The snake, Monty, is great. When he's active he actually slides onto my hand to get out of the container then curls up my hand and just goes to sleep.

My humble opinion is that it depends on the breed and the snake. If you can, see how it handles before you buy it. Good luck.

well my snake dp x (also monty) was a bit snapy when I 1st got him but now he wouldnt hurt a fly.
hope this helps good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back