1 1/2 Year Old Albino Bearded Dragon Pair

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gemrock2hot - I don't think they will ever eat on their own. I don't know of any albino bearded dragons ever being sold.

Sunlight definetely destroys what vision they have at birth as animals kept inside still retain their limited vision....... I have watched it & seen it. Not wishing to contradict just based on my observation of keeping them outside & inside.

I have also photographed young albinos which flinch at the flash of a camera...... whereas any of my aged animals literally don't bat an eyelid to the intensity of a camera flash.

That's interesting Jinjajoe, how long do you find it takes them outside until there vision worsens?

Oh the albino blueys go that way as well outside, bugger :(

mine are outside..... they are fine...... they locate food by tasting the air....... & they do breed & thrive..... they just have poor sight.....

That's interesting Jinjajoe, how long do you find it takes them outside until there vision worsens?[/QUOT

at around 18 months - 2 years they are virtually blind BUT as you said in fairness their initial sight is not very flash anyway....... inside UV globes will do it also...... however other than there sight they are robust healthy animals.... that Blue Tongue (or pink in this case) does all the sensory work for them.

Last edited:
All of ours have been kept outside for over three years without an issue or a hint of blindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back