Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolas

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i have a spotted python im about to breed her but i was wondering how to breed a blonde spotted

if u dont dont know how to breed a snake why put their lives at risk and the babies
simple answer

Hey everyone, i have a spotted python im about to breed her but i was wondering how to breed a blonde spotted

Honestly, if you're not sure what you need to do at this point, go ahead and wait until next year. There are some good books at most pet stores, do a lot of research online, search through the archives here and have a good read.

Good luck, when the time comes.

I'm assuming you have a male as well? How old is your female, and how old is the male? Are they currently housed together?

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are asking, are you asking how to breed YOUR blonde spotted? Or are you asking how to get a blonde spotted via breeding?

If the 1st there is plenty good books, try Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons all the sponsor sites should have it and for cheaper than any pet shop etc.

If the 2nd, although originally was a label for a locality specific spotted, blonde is generally just a term used for spotted's with lighter colours.

Best thing would be to wait till you have aquired some knowledge in breeding , a good book is "Keeping and breeding Australian pythons" will tell you all you need to know .

Do you have a pair of spotteds ?
It is probably to late to breed them this year any way .

Get the book "Keeping Childrens Pythons" by Reptile Keeper Publications. It's only $15, can be found at most good petshops, and has excellent info written by experienced breeders.

Haha - this is why it's really important to phrase your questions really carefully. Otherwise you just get flamed.

I think you mean genetically how do you breed for a blonde spotted rather than your standard colour?

I would have thought that it would be a non-sex linked recessive gene. That means that you need to have one parent that's blonde and one that's got one blonde parent itself (a het). Then when you breed them together half the offspring would be blonde. If your spotted doesn't have any blonde in its ancestry, you could breed it to a blonde, the offspring would be het for blonde, then breeding the offspring together would give 1/4 blonde babies, while breeding the babies back to the blonde parent would give 1/2 blonde babies.

Of course, that's if my assumption abou the genetics is right. If I'm, wrong, someone correct me please because I couldn't find any info about the inheritance of the blonde gene. Of course, if you really wanted to breed blondes, get a pair of blondes. Much less mucking around.

Cheers.

hey its good that your asking. spotteds need to be at least 2years old and weight around 400grams. they need to be cooled before the male is put in with the female for mating. you need to think if you want to incubate or let mum look after the eggs. also think where you will keep maybe 10 hatchies, where you will get enough food to feed them, and are you able to get them all feeding. good books to read are, keeping and breeding australian pythons. pythons of australia. keeping childrens pythons

I'm not 100% sure exactly what you are asking, are you asking how to breed YOUR blonde spotted? Or are you asking how to get a blonde spotted via breeding?

If the 1st there is plenty good books, try Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons all the sponsor sites should have it and for cheaper than any pet shop etc.

If the 2nd, although originally was a label for a locality specific spotted, blonde is generally just a term used for spotted's with lighter colours.
no im asking how to make blond babes with a spotted python and what other snake:D:D

For a good start you will 2 Blonde ( proper Blonde ) spotteds. Male and female, not just light normal spotted pythons.

Best thing would be to wait till you have aquired some knowledge in breeding , a good book is "Keeping and breeding Australian pythons" will tell you all you need to know .

Do you have a pair of spotteds ?
It is probably to late to breed them this year any way .
i have a female but i want to know wat other snake will i need to breed to get blondes

Mate, you need 2 Blonde Spotted Pythons. 1 male and 1 female. You can't make 'real' blondes with standard Spotteds. If your female is a blonde you will need a blonde male. If your female is a 'normal' spotted you can't breed 'real' blondes. If you breed a normal to a blonde you will get some that look like normals and some that look like blondes and some that look a bit like both, but you can't sell them as blondes as thay will throw back normals when they breed.

i thought that this site was about encouraging the hobby we are involved in. it is with posts like the above that APS gets it bad rep from. it isn't to hard to post informative information like Hsut77's post below.

Mate, you need 2 Blonde Spotted Pythons. 1 male and 1 female. You can't make 'real' blondes with standard Spotteds. If your female is a blonde you will need a blonde male. If your female is a 'normal' spotted you can't breed 'real' blondes. If you breed a normal to a blonde you will get some that look like normals and some that look like blondes and some that look a bit like both, but you can't sell them as blondes as thay will throw back normals when they breed.

Nicolas i encourage you to either do a search on this site first using the search option from the top menu bar, and also purchasing one of the many books recomended in this thread.
all the best with your breeding efforts.

Chears Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back