???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azn4114

Reaction score
just went to feed my stimmies and they will not take there rats,i know there hungry and there interested but its like the rats dont smell like rats?one of them refuses food when coming up for a shed(could be a reason) but the other has never refused a feed?could there be something wrong with the rats?

It could be the temperature, it may need to be increased. Another thing- what sex are the rats? Males have a stronger scent than the females so you might be able to try feeding a male and see if the snake gets interested with the stronger scent.

if your feeding frozen rats maybe they werent frozen quickly enough and have started to rot or maybe you left the rats out to long to defrost. I have defrosted rats before and there will be 1 or 2 rats that nothing will take. I buy in bulk from various sources and have found some people freeze bags of up to 20 rats when put in the freezer it takes a long time for the temperature to get to the rats in the middle and they rot in the freezer. i have a freind who had this same problem with boxes of chickens.

Thats all i can put it down to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back