13 striped coastals!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw stripped carpets about 6 years ago the guy have about 4 or 5 hatchling. i think they were only $150 each.
i personaly dont think they are worth that much as it is becomming more and more common. good luck . but they do look good.

Over the years myself and mates have also come across dozens of ?striped? carpets, but most were a partial stripe or squiggly lines at best. Also I have not yet found someone with more than a few odd ones from different clutches. I have also bought some nice striped ones for as little as $100 from people who didn?t care about pattern. But you must admit that breeding 13 in one clutch, some of which are up there with the best ?tigers? available overseas, is something worth getting excited about. (at least I am!) But everyone has an opinion and I would prefer to keep them and breed more of them, as to me they are special. As far as price is concerned I have recently had some substantial offers, so they are obviously valuable to some other herper?s, but as you say, not for everyone and each to thier own.
Thanks
jas

I agree, as I said they are some of the best I have seen and I have seen a few and you are right to get excited about them. The stripes on yours are very straight and uniform and are obviously genetic, good luck with them and I reckon they are worth every cent you get for them.

imo if you breed the hatchies in few years and get 100% striped babys, youve done it, youve proven its genetic and then the havtchies will be worth considerably more then 100, more like 400 imo. they look great.

I think that is the big thing here, there are lots of striped coastals around but very few display stripes like those.
And I suggest they might go for a little more than $400.

Not your fault, Zobo. As near as I can tell, you can't link to pics in the new Gallery software! :-( I'll keep looking into it though, and post something in APS Discussion when/if I work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back