• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1999 Falcon Station Wagon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Seems my initial investigations I was thinking of selling this too cheap, but I have placed a deposit on a newer falcon and this is now FOR SALE.

I have my very, very trusty Falcon for sale. Heres the long drawn out story:

Its 1999 Falcon Forte station wagon, burgundy in colour.

Its done above average k's, 267,000 to be pretty exact. It was a local vitamin companies sales reps vehicle. To cut a long story relatively short, when I purchased this (about 4 years ago), for the money I had I was looking at older models and came across this. I took it for a test drive, was impressed, books show it had been regularly serviced since new, interior was spotless, however does have the usual scratches etc on bumpers from such regular use. No 'damage' though.

All features, including the front power windows work. No known faults. You are welcome to get one of those mobile vehicle inspections carried out (your cost). (Hint, if you buy a falcon with electric windows, spray silicon spray down the window tracks as it helps them slide smoother giving less work for the window motors to do). .

I have since had it regularly serviced, including transmission service and flush each 6mths or so. Its regular servicing which keeps these things going. (Look at Taxis!) . Last service the brakes were done, and had a new water pump fitted (wasn't actually faulty, just leaking). it has never let me down.

Now, you never know why someone is selling a used car, but I'll tell you the truth, yesterday I had no intention of selling it, its been a fantastic car, however I came across and ad for a newer futura wagon with everything I wanted, at a good price. So I went over to Liverpool this morning, test drove it and left a deposit. I'm a little hesitant actually as this falcon has been so good to me, but what the heck, its done now.

Has towbar fitted about 6mths ago, only ever towed a small runabout about a dozen times.

I had Rhino roof racks fitted to carry a couple of big kayaks. They were the tradesmans heavy duty racks that require the black tracks to be fitted to the roof. The racks themselves aren't included, but obviously the tracks are, so you just need to buy the bars with legs and you are ready to go.

Has Bob Jane Racing Alloy wheels with Dunlop Monza tyres, all brand new 6mths ago.

First pic with the boat is 6mths ago before the new mags (those are hubcaps), second pic is today, sorry about the plant in the way it was raining and didn't want to get the camera wet.

Rego til April next year.

Sell $5500 no offers just yet.

Attachments

• falconwithboat.jpg
    falconwithboat.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 74
  • falconbeforesale.jpg
    falconbeforesale.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 82
I had an interstate enquiry so:

Interstate buyers: I will hold for an agreed period of time for you to organise transport (your cost), when full purchase price is paid. As an example, Sutherland (door) to Brisbane (depot) car transport cost approx $495 through www.auto-logistics.com.au (I had a recent quote for that price for a van from Bris-Syd, so assume it will be similar, maybe less.)

Now $5000

Also, since I purchased from a company for my business, I paid GST and claimed it back, so if anyone purchases this from me, and are registered for business and can claim GST, it will end up costing them about $4545.

Have swapped tyres with new car so now has 4 not quite as good tyres as it did (still roadworthy)

Some more current pics:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Ok, $4700 it is. You won't get more car for your money elsewhere!

Vehicle listed on ebay and advertised privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back