1st time breeding mice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hector

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i want to start breeding mice for my goannas. are there any health risk for goannas or me while im cleaning or feeding mice?

Im not sure if i would feed them mice as a staple. Just make sure they are dead or freshly killed before feeding your goannas

providing u keep your mice tubs clean and feed the mice the right food then there shouldnt be any health risk issues .
mice do smell alot more then rats [ atleast i find mine do]
i feed my lacey mice all the time , i mix it up with rats and chicks . i dont think they care what they are eating [ atleast mine duznt ] aslong as it can fit as much as it can in its mouth i think its happy.

Now a word of warning!!! If you do breed rats beware!!!!! as a female rat with babies or in a surly mood is most certainly a health risk.

Lol because he's a wuss and couldn't take a little nip from one of his mothers :p

HAHA laugh all you like Sax but when you are on the recieving end of full frontal rat attack and the blood starts to spray don't expect any first aid from me.

Seb84....I thought I had a real bond with my breeding rats...could pick em up and they would come to greet me at food time.I But one day I let my guard down and chomp Chomp....I really don't think i will ever be the same.

lol sorry I couldn't help it. I still remember the photos so I'm sure the scar is a constant reminder for you :p

lol sorry I couldn't help it. I still remember the photos so I'm sure the scar is a constant reminder for you :p

HAHA I know.....Some people are worried about getting hit by their pythons but for me the rat bite is up there with getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick!!

All that aside Hector give it a go......You will be fine .....just stick to the basic 2 rules....keep them clean and beware caus they can be mean!!

I bet you let out a huge girly squeal when you got bitten and ran around with dramatic "jazz hands"...j/k.;):evil::lol:

Guzzo you know I actually think of you when I'm grabbing mine now. If I ever go to grab one and another looks like it's about to sniff at my hand I get my hand out of there quick

My bitey doe goes for me but you just flick her in the snout......now she sits at the other end of her tub glares daggers at me and grinds her teeth......but no more biting.

And..
Wouldn't you know it she got back into pup straight after giving birth to the last litter. (possibly knew she was a candidate for death row)

My bitey doe goes for me but you just flick her in the snout......now she sits at the other end of her tub glares daggers at me and grinds her teeth......but no more biting.

And..
Wouldn't you know it she got back into pup straight after giving birth to the last litter. (possibly knew she was a candidate for death row)

Just don't ever let your guard down........god forgives......rats dont.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back