2 heat sources for 2m enclosure??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
So I'm modifying a entertainment unit 2000x630x750 I'm thinking I'm gunna need to heat sources for that amount of space whats everyone think yes no? It's for a monitor. If yes how should I fit it I was thinking ceramic heat source under basking spot wit a uv and then maybe almost half way another light but then how do I run them both on themo stat hhmm so many options

What are the average ambient temps of the room its going in?
What type of monitor is it?

I have some other reptiles in the room so it stays at about 20 to 25 but in winter it gets cold about 10 um for an ackie

Not a monitor keeper but my dragons do better under bright basking lights rather than a CHE. If you are worried about ambient temps what about a combination of a basking lamp and a heat cord half way down? Perhaps use the thermostat on the heat cord to make sure that the cool end temp can't get too high and get a couple of different wattage spot lights and play around until you get the right basking spot temps. How successful you are will ultimately depend on how stable the ambient temp is in the room the enclosure is situated.

Wasn't this question asked in your other thread? You'll only need one heat source.

EDIT: Just to give you an idea on size, this is my Gouldii enclosure, it's 3.0x1.5x1.5 & is only heated by 2 75w halogen globes & no heat at night.

IMG_0201_zps7a54dde9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back