2 month old V.Storri - Awwwwww

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my 2 month old Storrs monitors as I just took some pickies. They are starting to show different colouration to one another. Not that obvious in the photos though. I love these guys. One of them likes to be hand fed cat food, which is so sweet!! Photos with and without flash to try and show their colourings. I eventually want to get into the big monitors, but thought I should start with the smallest first LOL!

848f9a77.jpg

14648867.jpg

a338ff08.jpg

04a22084.jpg

awwww they are soooo cute!!

If you need anyone to Lizard sit, give me a call!

Hehehe!!! You may regret saying that Nina LOL!!

I dont think so! I want more and more and more...you just might not get them back...

I highly recommend them! Cute little guys, and very friendly. I love the way they almost slither as they move. I took quite a few photos, so by the time I'd finished they were both fast asleep on my hand!
They both have different personalities too, one LOVES cat food and isn't all that interested in live food, whereas the other is the opposite. Funny really as they have both been raised the same way.

:0)

I think they are just darlings, I am SOOOO jealous right now! :mrgreen:

If you take more big pics, PM them to me, so I can use them as my wallpaper hehe

Hey Sarah - are they V.storri storri or V.storri ochreatus??? They are very cute - I've found the same thing with mine until they latch onto your finger! LOL

Chanty, I believe they are V.storri storri. I got them from Boconnor. Maybe he can confirm LOL!! The little fella that eats cat food out of my fingers has accidentally nipped me a few times, but thankfully they are to small to hurt at this stage LOL!!

They aren't worth a lot. This pair was $150 for both, but they are adorable!! They should get to about 30 -35cm ish I believe, so only little monitors.

Awesome little things. I was planning on getting some storrs, but i'm finding it tough to juggle time with my beardies.

How does looking after these guys differ from dragons?

Not that much different really so far.

They like to have a hot spot of 50 degrees as adults, so hotter than my netted dragons. They are fed pretty much the same as my netteds, live food one day
and cat food the next (except the netteds have veggies and fruit instead of cat food LOL!!)

I won't be keeping them on substrate until they are mature though as apparently they are very prone to impaction, my netteds on the other hand are kept on sand, although I do feed them live food in a tub with no substrate.

They hardly take up any time, they are actually rather clean animals.

I might have to look at getting some of those.

They look like they dont mind being handled, can they be flighty?? (as a general rule. I know all animals have the potential)

Depends on what time of day you get them. Mid-day and they are well awake and will try and crawl up your arm and have an explore. Any other time of the day and they are happy to sit on your hand and have a nap. Whether this will change as they get older I don't know. They certainly aren't aggreesive, I think you'd love them!!!

i seen a couple of nice adults, they wenrt 2 flighty

Hornet mate, the ones you saw are mental little beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back