2 scrollies???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: 2 scrollies???

cwarren72 said:
well personally I think if you don't like the chit chat on this site then go else where....I think the whole point of the chit chat option is to make the site open to all areas of the members lives....This site is more then just another Herp site it is a Herp site which caters for all the members wants. The chit chat is a good way for members to express their feeling and views on a multitude of things...I have used the chit chat option on many occasions and will continue to do so...Another thing to consider is how many threads there are in chit chat??? It would be a terrible shame to lose a succesful section of the site. I would like to go through the comments of all you who are bagging the chit chat all the time and see how many times you use it or reply to chit chat threads????? Would be very interesting indeed.........

I could not say this any better.

RE: Re: RE: 2 scrollies???

Slatey and SJ, I find this new system to be an extremely positive move for the site, Slateman great call, SJ thanks for doing the dirty work...

Im here for the herps, chat doesnt fuss me, thankfully now I can differentiate between the two, the latest herp related posts are easily acessable to me, and I am glad that the chatters havent been compromised in the process.

Slatey senior and Junior as you both know I love this site and wish I was in a postion to assist with the cost of it.. I think you guys and the Mods do a great job. the site and number of members is a credit to you all.. Keep up the good work guys...I am loving it all

I saw the way the 2 scroll things are ment to work on a mates computer (Windows XP) earlier tonight, but it doesn't work on my computer (Linux using Konqueror).

Re: RE: 2 scrollies???

wombat said:
I saw the way the 2 scroll things are ment to work on a mates computer (Windows XP) earlier tonight, but it doesn't work on my computer (Linux using Konqueror).

This could be because <marquee> is deprecated and not valid XHTML (one of the reasons why I don't like the scrollies). Have you tried it in Firefox? If you don't want to move or are still having troubles let me know and I can take a look at the Cross-Browser compatability.

SJ, I won't be using them. Basicly ,I log on, see who's online and then click "Forum Discussions" from the main menu. The scrollies mean I have to scroll down further to see who's online.

I don't have Firefox. I'm using an old version of Linux (Mandrake Linux 9.2).

good words cwarren72... i was going to say though i have found if you have your cursor over the scrollie your not reading and it stops then you read the moving scrollie when done move the cursor and read the other one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back