2 scrollies???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrOsteo

Reaction score
Can we please get rid of the 2 scrollie thing on the left hand side. It is too much to read in too short a time. I liked it better when it was all in the one scrollie box.

thanks so much

DrOsteo

Its good, we now have a separate scrolly thingy for chit-chat, so people can stop whinging that all they see is chit-chat. If you don't want to chat or read crap DON'T LOOK AT THE CHIT-CHAT TOPICS, STICK TO HERP DISCUSION INSTEAD OF WHINGING! On the other hand, if you don't want to get into a serious debate but would rather whinge about the price of eggs in China then ignore the herp discussion and chat away!

I think its a great idea, its separating the herps from the chit chat, I like it :)

people can see which is which cos after the title it says what it is.

Yes, finally great to let the site fully bloom as CHIT CHAT CITY! :lol:

Hehehe I think the scrolls are a great idea. Personally it'd be nice if we could remove Chit Chat from the main page index and just keep it on the side scrolling thingy, but I don't appreciate how hard or easy that'd be :idea:

ps: I love Chit Chat :D

why was this thread posted in herp discussion? :lol: wasn't that the reason for 2 scrollies? this should be moved to chit chat :lol:

This thread was posted in aps discussion (a forum for discussing matters to do with APS).
The fact that it ends up in the herp discussion scrollie has nothing to do with me and actually makes my point that having 2 is useless.

good call DR! :wink: i still havent decided whether i like the 2 scrollie thing yet, but i agree that when there was just one, too many herp related questions were going unanswered due to so many chit chat posts. The mods can't please everyone, but it is good to see they are trying and listening to ideas on improving the site (not that it needs much improving, it's a great site :wink:).

Come on people, give it a go before bagging it out. If you don't want to read the chit chat stuff, bookmark the forums page instead of the home page and then just peruse through the herp related forums. It's really just that easy!
People complained about the amount of chit chat on the home page so we are trying to do something about it.

well personally I think if you don't like the chit chat on this site then go else where....I think the whole point of the chit chat option is to make the site open to all areas of the members lives....This site is more then just another Herp site it is a Herp site which caters for all the members wants. The chit chat is a good way for members to express their feeling and views on a multitude of things...I have used the chit chat option on many occasions and will continue to do so...Another thing to consider is how many threads there are in chit chat??? It would be a terrible shame to lose a succesful section of the site. I would like to go through the comments of all you who are bagging the chit chat all the time and see how many times you use it or reply to chit chat threads????? Would be very interesting indeed.........

hey i'm a huge fan of chit chat too, don't misunderstand me there. i think that chit chat is good for the forum and interesting links/discussions and pics are always welcome. slanging matches between members are not! what i don't like to see is an unanswered question move quickly off the latests topic scrollie thing due to copious amounts of chit chat topics. i am starting to like the new system and think it should work well. well done mods :wink:

Wow, my personality dosn't like change. How ever I like it. I'll have to get used to the distration though. haha, i was only just thinking about something like this.

Personally I'd like it if I could lose the scrollies altogether and just have static text for both "Herp Discussion" and "Chit Chat" on the left. What I don't know though is how many stories would need to be in each box to make people happy.

I reckon the two scrolies is good, although it should probably go a bit faster, or u should be able to scroll over an arrow to make it go faster or somthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back