:(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOne

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got home today after a night away to find that male male frilly had attacked the female.
These two have been together for the last 2 weeks with out a problem and have been housed and bred in the past, never has the male shown any agression to her other than the normal courtship and dominance displays.
I'm totally stuffed (and sad) as to why he has attacked her.....she's not likely to survive, her injuries are on the frill and to one eye ball the only thing i can think of is that he has tried to restrain her to mate and bitten her in the wrong place.
I'm wondering if any other frilly keeps have had a male attack a female?
She's in a massive amount of shock atm, which is my biggest worry.

That sux duga, hopefully she will be all right, keep her seperate till she calms down.
Good luck mate.

It's not looking good, ive got her in a warm tub in the dark to try, but shes alot of shock....i found her lying on the floor of the cage, i thought she was dead at first. :cry: :cry:

Well she didn't make it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: the shock was to much for her i think.

damn that's really sad Duggadugga. :(

Not to long the was still a bit of fresh blood in the cage so probably an hour or so before i got home.

Sorry 4 ur loss, but as dobermanmick said, did the male have any injuries?

ahhhh man that really sucks dude..that is really sad :cry:

No Liba the male didn't have a stratch on him, so i don't think it was a fight plus the female didn't have that many injuries so he's bitten her and left her alone.

It's a very sad thing for me, i love my frillies :cry:

Sorry to hear duga :cry: It really sucks to loose an animal like that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back