$3,500 snake book!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way! I could but a GTP and a very nice setup from stein enclosures for that amount, a bit nicer than a book!
Its probably packed with info but the price makes me dizzy

Last edited:
You would have to be collector to see the value in having this 1st Edition. If I had the spare money and I was a collector, then 'yes'.

i always look at old book stores as you never know what snake books you may come across

If you were a collector of rare Australian natural history books or wanted to specialize in aussie reptile books than it would have to be on your list of desirables. Andrew Isles books tend to have their rare books priced at what would be expected ie No bargain but not a rip off. They appear to have two copies available at the moment but differing by more than a thousand dollars.

I owned this book in the seventies and left it somewhere behind on my travels. I treasure my Worrell's "song of a snake" and his "reptiles of Australia" - they got be be worth a bit now.

I would love to have the book (I am a collector) but I could find better uses for the money.

If I had the money I would buy it. Its an investment, can only increase in value. It is the first book on Australian reptiles.

no doubt a good investment for a collector. Always worth checking out the books when I'm clothes shoppping at the salvos.

I owned this book in the seventies and left it somewhere behind on my travels. I treasure my Worrell's "song of a snake" and his "reptiles of Australia" - they got be be worth a bit now.

Song of the snake is a great read.... not sure how many times I've read it now, but often just pick it up to read a chapter.

You'd be surprised - good quality copies of both only go for around $100.

I would love it, but I'm not paying that much for a book only to have it go the way of my others in the hands of my toddlers. Mulch :(
Shame. There would be some interesting reading there.

Depends whether it's something that you want and need as to whether it's worth it. I have a set of four books on my bookshelf that are used for plant ID in botany. I got them for a steal at about $1000 second hand in ok condition and they haven't even reached the collector stage yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back