3 weeks ago

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
my back yard was sprayed with pestiside. "the flick man" so anyways ive got heaps of crickets out the back and they are alive.Do u think it would be stupid to feed them to my beardies?thanks

MY GOT. Backgone what question is that mate. How anybody can posibly answer that?

basically NO

nothing form an area that has been sprayed for at leats 6 months and that is at a bare minimum

Cheers
matt

Hey look, another question from the one and only.

I just edited your post sxe as I considered it nasty, confrontational and designed to start another argument with your friend. The only Stupid question is the one you don't ask remember.
Yours without wish for argument,
Africancichlidau.

my place is being sprayed tmw so ive been loading up on all the crickets/hoppers i can find and keep for my gex

cheers, jono

I am sorry for my insensitive joke. LOL Offcourse any question should be ask here and I know that some people should ask them. As a token for apology to bkgone I will ask something similar silly, so he is not feeling so bad.
Can I feed my snake with rat after she eaten rat poison?

All above I written with out nastiness. Sometimes things posted on forum end up so funny.
Just look at funny site of it and do not get to upset.
I posted many strange things here and people make fun of me lol. Specially Afrofishead.

On serious matter bkgone please do not feed to your reptiles poisoned crickets or any crickets which came in to contact with pesticides please.

got to say that common sense seems a thing of the past. No one can tell you what to do as it is a questions that you could ask a hundred people and possibly get a hundred answers, In short don't do what others think is right, do what you think is right. Only you know how much your herps mean to you and so only can know wether it is worth risking it or not.

Out of simple curiosity I would catch one and see if it stays alive for a couple of days(provided you have kept them alive before) if it doesn't die wouldn't that mean it is not affected by the pest control. I only keep blueys and don't use crickets so for gods sake don't take my advice but try this little test just for further knowledge. Also try and ring the pest control,he may not know but you never know unless you try. :twisted:

adam the problem with most pest control agents is that it gets into the soil and when the insects borrow or play in the soil trace elements of the chemicals are attached to them, in most instances they stick to their bodies and never enetr their respiratory systems..

What this means is that they will have the chemicals on them but will not die, when you feed them to your reps the chemical is passed on..

That is why six months is a minimum period to wait (and i stress minimum) because by then the pestacides are broken down by the elements.... (personally i would wait 12 months, but hey thats just me)

Thank you very much stockeh. That is why this website rocks,we share information and we all become better herpers!!!! Hats off to stockeh everbody :D

see why couldnt anyone give a straight answer like stockeh,and keep your smartass comments to your self, see i can be funny to :roll: .Yeah adam i have caught them and ive kept them in a large container,but after reading what stockeh wrote i think ill just by some adult crickets and let them breed.

I edited this one too, whats good for one is good for all :)

Yep I wouldn't risk my babies either now that we have had a straight answer. :)

LOL BKgone. Sorry I upset you. Take it easy on me mate.
Another think about this issue. Lot of insect came in contact with small amount of chemical, they will buil dup immunity and small trace of chemical can be in they body.
Anyway all this is silly, why to just consider to feed with this insect. MY GOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back