3rd Bad Shed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

888lowndes888

Reaction score
My 9 month old mac has just had her 3rd bad shed in a row. I have a stick in her enclosure to help her shed and her hot end is 32 degrees. I sprayed her hide daily with a light mist when I saw her coming into shed and bathed her yesterday. She sheds fine on top and on her head just along her underside hasnt come off. Can any one help as to why this is happening as its so frustrating and I am worrying bout her.

What is the humidity like? i had a few bad sheds in a row lately Just bumped up humidity(Blocked vents) and misted all was good last time round

check the humidity levels with a hydrometer, can get then fairly cheaply. if you need to increase it try a bigger water bowl and or moving it towards the hot end.
-L

I thought humidity may be a part as the click clack has a massive amount of ventilation. What should the humidity be at for a blonde mac?? I thought by bathing her and spraying her hide daily it would be fine but apprently not.

It should improve in Summer as humidity is generally naturally higher in Sydney Summer.

Is a bad shed really bad or is it just us creating something to worry about?

I dont know if it is a problem. I am sure it happens in the wild but imagine there are more abrasive surfaces for the animal to use in assisting complete shedding. Whilst retained eye specticles are to be avoided i dont know how serious the belly is. Sometimes incomplete shed result from a previous skin injury such as a burn.

she definetly dosent have a burn. I have a RBBS living around my gf's yard and I find that its sheds have not been complete for the last 2 years its been living there. Is it possible that the heat coming through the floor from the heatmat is drying her underside out??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back