(4) yearling gtp's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

THESE (4) UNRELATED YEARLING GTP'S ALL WIEGH AROUND 250 GRAMS AND LOVE [VELVET] RATS.....CHEERS SOLAR 17 [BADEN]
4235841923_ec1bf66ae6.jpg

4235837181_97fe7ed050.jpg

4235832337_4141984687.jpg

4236603182_b99eb96bd4.jpg

!!!! Gorgeous

LOVE the third one... when I have the setup and the money I'll have a GTP...

wow, the 4th one is stunning with its random blue bits on a green background. lemonz, wat makes u think they r exotic? just curious.

Will

you don't need to be a rocket scienctest to know 90% of the greens availalble in Aus have come from the amnesty background from years ago. And the aussie merauke line is pure green with the white spine line. So unless they are a merauke it a good possibility they aren't pure aussie.

Quality animals Solar17 thanks for sharing.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking yearlings solar! The black flecking on that last one looks pretty sweet!

Great animals solar I am green with envy haha

Last edited by a moderator:
, wat makes u think they r exotic? just curious.

Gee lemonz what are you trying to say???

you don't need to be a rocket scienctest to know 90% of the greens availalble in Aus have come from the amnesty background from years ago. And the aussie merauke line is pure green with the white spine line. So unless they are a merauke it a good possibility they aren't pure aussie.

It's these snide little digs - beautiful "exotics" from people who don't even own them that annoys me about this this site.

Probably because its posted in the exotics thread section

, wat makes u think they r exotic? just curious.

Gee lemonz what are you trying to say???

It's these snide little digs - beautiful "exotics" from people who don't even own them that annoys me about this this site.

Probably because its posted in the exotics thread section

i do agree with you
but some of the guys on here really know what they are talking about

beautiful snakes i love the second pic.

thanks for showing me these stunning snakes.

Which is "uno" ?

bkevo..."uno" is the 2nd. from the top and turned out to be a female...cheers solar 17 [Baden]

It amazes me, some of the comments (not just in this thread) from people who think they know it all. Have any of you been to Merauke and spent some time there working with GTPs (to qualify to comment)? There is one picture in Maxwell's book and a few more here and there that everybody refers to and takes for a gospel. A friend of mine who spent considerable time on Biak island and have seen over 100 GTPs there said to me "they are so variable, you would think some of them are from elsewhere". That's just an example.

90% green are from amnesty background? I don't think so. My guess is 70% were smuggled in in recent times and they originated in Indonesian and Thailand snake farms. Why would anybody be chasing GTPs in the jungles of PNG at great expense and risk of being mugged or worse? Those greens that found their way into this country were captive bred from who knows what lines, they don't come with pedigree.
Those of you fortunate enough to attend the 2010 Herp Symposium will hear and see from Rico Walder how it's done in one of the biggest Indonesian farm. A real eye opener.

Last edited:
Origins ?????

WATERRAT....l am surprised you didn't recognise the GTP in the top photo, its actually one that you bred as the couple you sold it to aren't in a position to care for him for the next few months as a result l am herp sitting, so l thought he was well worth a photo as you claimed not many people have geniune 100 % aussie greens legally, so well worth a pic of your yearling stock......cheers solar 17 [Baden]

They are such magnificent snakes,watching them go from yellow- maroon-red to green is such a stunning thing to watch,such awesome snakes in many ways...That would be a terrific thing to go and listen to Michael,regarding the snake farms.....MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back