?????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maanz641

Reaction score
hey guys im looking to get a python can you recomend a good beginers snake? also i have a mate who keeps seeing slim ,shiny black ,red belly snake climbing trees ,clothes line in his back yard ,any ideas?:?

The only snake that fits the bill are Red Bellied blacksnakes (oddly enough) but they aren't known for their tree climbing prowess :)
Where is he ?

hey guys im looking to get a python can you recomend a good beginers snake? also i have a mate who keeps seeing slim ,shiny black ,red belly snake climbing trees ,clothes line in his back yard ,any ideas?:?

Do a search on this site. There are heaps of threads relating to this topic..........................

Good beginners snake would be any from the anteresia species (childrens) the don't grow too large, resonably cheap to buy and look after and are quite forgiving if you do not conditions quite right.

Try a coastal, very common, hardy, if you get it when it is young-under a year old, then you have a small animal to start with and become accustomed to. They do grow to a substantial size-average 7-8 feet but can obtain lengths of around 10-12 feet but these larger animals are around the 6-8 year old. I have two who are very docile and compliant but nothing is 100% when it comes to being bitten. They have a variety of patterns and even though they do not come under the boutique catergory, (my own term for fancier more expensive pythons), I think they are some of the most attractive pythons in Australia.
There's my 5 cents worth, guess I am biased lol
Cheers,
Davo

thanks for your help everyone ,thanks boa the snake is on the outskirts of mackay qld ,i thaught that aswell but he has never seen one on the ground ,always climbing

A stimmie or a murry darling in my opinion, and welcome to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back