48 hours to stop uganda's gay death penalty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?im sorry did i offend?i did not mean too.did consider not posting it but it's a passionate womens right that gets my blood boiling.we fight to save womens lives everday in thios coutry while women in other countries are being 'punished and tortured' in the name of ancient tradition and cultural differences.bah.
Again im sorry to have offened by my post.please forgive.

Sookie, you always worry that you've offended people but nobody is offended, how do you think you got 130 likes :lol:

Um what do you want us to do? We can't/won't help with money, we can't vote against it. If we petitioned the UN it would be too late.

As someone said before sounds like a chain letter you want us to pass on.

Sign the petition. If you choose not to, thats ok.

What?im sorry did i offend?i did not mean too.did consider not posting it but it's a passionate womens right that gets my blood boiling.we fight to save womens lives everday in thios coutry while women in other countries are being 'punished and tortured' in the name of ancient tradition and cultural differences.bah.
Again im sorry to have offened by my post.please forgive.

Oh god no woman, you didn't offend at all! I was just having a giggle at the "What's next" bit! Takes more than that to "offend" me girl! :)

Um what do you want us to do? We can't/won't help with money, we can't vote against it. If we petitioned the UN it would be too late.

I can understand were your coming from, it may not help but we can still try.
"Evil prospers when good people do nothing"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, sign the petition? :) It's nothing like a chain letter. True there is no direct means of action we as individuals can take, but international response played a role in them dropping a proposed law previously.

How old are you? Your post says to me that you're either of dubious IQ or a bit young to read and understand that text. In either case it is probably a moot point for me to try to persuade you to join the petition (which was the request) because, like you said, it is now too late. It wasn't too late when you posted your repsonse, but it is now.

Here's a little update on the cause.

In 24 hours, the Ugandan Parliament may vote on a brutal new law that carries the death penalty for homosexuality. Thousands of Ugandans could face execution -- just for being gay.

We've helped stop this bill before, and we can do it again. After a massive global outcry last year, Ugandan President Museveni blocked the bill's progress. But political unrest is mounting in Uganda, and religious extremists in Parliament are hoping confusion and violence in the streets will distract the international community from a second push to pass this hate-filled law. We can show them that the world is still watching. If we block the vote for one more day until Parliament closes, the bill will expire forever.

We have no time to lose. 1.5 million of us have already joined the call -- let’s get to two million voices against Uganda's gay death penalty in the next 24 hours -- click here to take action, then forward this email to everyone:

This not a hoax, it has been in all the gay newspapers along oxford street.

See I support this but not gay marriage, this is a real human rights issue not some piece of paper that gays should be allowed to have.

Why does not the UN or even the states do something about putting pressure on the government? Or is that because they are not a nation known for harvesting oil?

This not a hoax, it has been in all the gay newspapers along oxford street.

See I support this but not gay marriage, this is a real human rights issue not some piece of paper that gays should be allowed to have.

some piece of paper which gives you legal power of attorney to your partner and their estate? oh right, that means nothing at all, silly me.
(not to mention several other legal rights not currently given to gay couples)
but it's all ok right? you of all people should know and understand these things.

you may not want or need such, but others do, and they should have those equal rights.

Ouch.. a good cause and one worth supporting! Uganda has been opposed to gay sex/marriage for many years as most radical countries the same. Interesting thread and one human rights all over the world plus the "United Nations" will intervene if this is a real threat i'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back