6mm Glass Doors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moclobe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get the tracks for sliding glass doors, suitable for 6mm glass?

Regards David

um not sure, i could only find 5mm tracks at Bunnings when i went last. Maybe try a glass shop?

What is the diference between 5mm and 6mm, other than the thickness. Is 6mm better?

Regards Alex

Moclobe how are you the only place i know of that has track for 6mm sliding doors is lincoln sentry in geelong www.lincolnsentry.com.au they have other stores also but i am not too sure of locations.

Ether the difference is that 6mm is usually laminated so doesnt shatter when broken, where as 5mm is either standard glass (shatters) or hardened (expensive)

And the contact details in vic

Melbourne
Unit 1/417 Cnr Dorset & Ramage Road
Bayswater VIC 3153
T: (03) 9722 5422
F: (03) 9722 5411

Albury Wodonga
Unit 1/73 Thomas Mitchell Drive
Wodonga VIC 3690
T: (02) 6024 3344
F: (02) 6024 3433
M: 0418 740 179

Bendigo
5 Prospect Road
Bendigo East VIC 3550
T: (03) 5444 4594
F: (03) 5444 4569

Geelong
Unit 9 Edols Place Edols Street
Geelong North VIC 3215
T: (03) 5277 3388
F: (03) 5277 3399

Is it still alright if i use 5mm though, because i have already bought the tarcks.....

for most pythons yes it is the only thing that usually breaks 5mm glass is humans..... so dont put any of them in the enclosure :)

what thinkness does everyone use for their sliding door cages?

I have 4mm glass holding back a close to 8 foot coastal male. No problems at all!

What are the pros and cons of using perspex?

Perspex is generally much cheaper in my experience...the cons are for using it with large monitors, it can be scratched to shreds.

Simon Archibald

In my experence I have had no "cons" in using perspex, at least for pythons. If it has better heat retention than glass it is marginal.
The big advantage is in the display cages that I use for shows. I know that the perpex is not going to crack or shatter during transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back