9 month old Pilbara Stimi not eatting or shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

c.wulli

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So i have a Pilbara stimi and have had him for 5 months now...

He is 9 months old,
He currently only weighs 22 grams and is about 25cm long.

while with me he's only eaten 2 times the last being 28th of july... so over a month ago.

also, while in my care he's only shed once, which was mid may.

I have him in a click clack with plenty of warmth and a ready supply of water, I try to feed him every single sunday but he just shows no interest in the food. Trying to feed him pinkie mice.

What could be the problem? Is there even a problem.

I started off just thinking he isn't eating because of the move and because it was winter but I'm starting to get worried about him starving/not growing etc.

What could be wrong????

Thanks guys for the help!

You say he has plenty of heat. Did you ever think that it might be too much? Or, possibly no temp gradient? That could be one problem.

Secondly, stop offering food every week. You could be stressing it out. Try not to bother it only to change his water and clean up after him.

Shedding occurs about every two months or so.

If its healthy, active at night and being a snake, don't sweat it. Keep an eye on his weight. If he loses a fair amount, then you worry and take it to a vet asap.

I had two royals not eat for 7 months. I've talked to folks who have had snakes go almost a year. So unless it loses a drastic amount of weight, just keep water in there and when its time he will let you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hi C.Wulli
There isnt a problem at all. You appear to be doing everything right.
Pilb stimmies go off their food when the ambient temp drops below 26c. The fact you got it to eat at all over winter is a good thing.
Just check your hot spot is around 32c and the cool end 26c and it will eat fine. Also make sure it has a small dark hide. The proherp hides do well because they are black and over security.
The snake will be fine with cooler temps but just wont eat until the weather warms up.
Make sure it has a quiet area and clean water and all will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back