A Cool Frogmouth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, you should edit the words "YOU TALKIN TO ME?" into the first picture, that would be genius :p

Last edited:
Nice shots mate, my sister in law had a pair raise a clutch in a tree in her backyard, the chicks looked like little fluffy Marty Monsters!

It is amazing how silently owls fly...they just look efortless.....I have another barn type owl but it is very flighty!

That 1st photo i great... the detail in the eyes - amazing. Your photography has really improved since you read that camera manual Guzzo! ;)

looove the eyes!! so cool. you're lucky.
but my grandparents aboriginal next-door neighbours would say different. their superstitious bird is the tawny frog mouth.
A few months back, one arrived at their place and stayed around for a few days. on the 4th day, the owners' dad passed away. after that, no sight of the bird. :shock:
Awesome birds though. Thanks for sharing.
:lol: AshMan, I love your idea haha.

Frogmouths can often be quite approachable. Especially when they are doing their "I'm a dead branch not a bird, nothing to see here" impersonation during the day.

Great birds, see them quite frequently around Sydney suburbia.

Frogmouths can often be quite approachable. Especially when they are doing their "I'm a dead branch not a bird, nothing to see here" impersonation during the day.

Great birds, see them quite frequently around Sydney suburbia.

I wonder if the Northern Territory Frogmouth is the same as in Sydney.....Our Kookaburras are quite different

Yeah I think your kookas are the blue winged kookas?
Not sure about the frogmouth, I think there's also a Papuan frogmouth up that way from memory, haven't got a reference book handy at the moment, & a marbled frogmouth, can't recall its range, however I think all three species can be found where you are.
The ones I see are the tawny frogmouth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back