A couple newbie questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keef

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day to all,

I have been coming to this site for a while now, but this is my first post. I was just hoping someone could assist with a couple of questions?

I am currently designing my viv before handing the plans over to someone to construct it for me. What I need some help with is:

* thickness of wood to use? Is there a minimum it should be ... anyone have any recomendations? (I failed wood work in high school, damn)

and

* Thickness of glass (Im looking at keeping a Coastal, so something one of them cant push through)

Also if anyone could msg me any breeders they know of with hatchling Coastal's around sydney/south western sydney it would be most appreciated.

Apologies if these have been covered before but I couldnt find them in any threads. Thanks for your help.

Keith

i think thickness of glass should be over 6 mm

hey keith ... min thickness you want to use is 16mm (this is only in my opinion) because it holds heat well and gives you a sturdy construction to work with, as for the glass the absolute minimum i would use is 6mm laminated, reason being snakes often push against the glass and any thing thinner would break causing damage do the snake and also a possable escape..

If there is anything else that i can help you out with feel free to ask away
Cheers
matt

Keef,
What size viv are you going to be constructing for your future Hatchling coastal?

Glass width will also depend on the size of the enclosure.
Try using 6mm glass on an enclosure that is 6 foot tall and see how strong the centre is if not braced.

5 high x 3 long x 2 deep ... ofcourse moving him into there wont happen for a whle. Just gives me time to set it up nicely ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back