A crazy looking bug.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10cm. The worst they can do is give you some itching and localised swelling, just like a bee sting. However, if you're allergic to insect stings they can be potentially dangerous.
And no the deadliest bird is in fact not a bird of prey (birds of prey arent really dangerous) its the cassowary! They're very territorial and will use their dagger like claws to attack if you go near their nests.
I forgot about the cassowary. They were on the news not too long ago, habitat destruction after the cyclone in Nortern QLD. Well I'm not allergic to stings so I'm alright!

That is one huge stick insect there guzzo lol

About 10cm. The worst they can do is give you some itching and localised swelling, just like a bee sting. However, if you're allergic to insect stings they can be potentially dangerous.
And no the deadliest bird is in fact not a bird of prey (birds of prey arent really dangerous) its the cassowary! They're very territorial and will use their dagger like claws to attack if you go near their nests.

Mate, just have to say... Why can't more kids your age (and in some cases older) be as intelligent and informative like yourself? You come across as very well educated, well spoken and you accept criticism deeming you willing to learn, kudos to you mate.

That is one huge stick insect there guzzo lol

Mate, just have to say... Why can't more kids your age (and in some cases older) be as intelligent and informative like yourself? You come across as very well educated, well spoken and you accept criticism deeming you willing to learn, kudos to you mate.

And He has no fear of bugs!!! I agree great to see!

Haha thanks SamNabz, I try my best :p
And trust me Guzzo, I can be scared of them. They're fine right up to when they jump or fly into your face :? Then I scream like a girl and run :lol:

They're fine right up to when they jump or fly into your face :? Then I scream like a girl and run :lol:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one then... even if you are a year younger than me.
But yeah, it does look like more of a Titan than a Goliath.

So after seeing this thread i ended up at the local pet shop, and came home with a new pet for my 2 yr old. i am now the proud grandmamma to a goliath stick insect. he is sitting on my hand as i type... turns out he will prob be my pet as my daughter is a bit scared of it. he pretty cool i think!

So after seeing this thread i ended up at the local pet shop, and came home with a new pet for my 2 yr old. i am now the proud grandmamma to a goliath stick insect. he is sitting on my hand as i type... turns out he will prob be my pet as my daughter is a bit scared of it. he pretty cool i think!

Some might think you planed it that way so you could keep it for yourself :)

They're fine right up to when they jump or fly into your face :? Then I scream like a girl and run :lol:

Haha same but the worst are flying cockroaches which have the super natural ability to target ones face but not a tree or the person standing next to you

Some might think you planed it that way so you could keep it for yourself :)

Haha. Not the way I intended but yeah, appears that way lol.

well unfortunalely Sticky has come to an untimely death.... apparently my daughter didnt like it when Sticky sat on her shoulder and she tried to remove him, with Sticky ending up being twice the bug he had been before.... :( not sure whether or not to go buy her another one at this point, but if the tears dont stop, i may end up another $25 down....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back