A crazy looking bug.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a stick insect, someone on here can tell you the exact type, maybe try contacting Hornet? I think he's into his insects and bugs

They've probably been there for ages, you just didn't know it cos they're ninja bugs lol.

They eat gum leaves, awesome pets :)
Looks like a titan stick insect to me (australias largest insect) but I may be wrong.

I can't help it bugs freek me....I would never hurt it but it just makes me feel itchy.....I suppose I need to man up and pick it up but it is dark now and I am sure it would have left anyway.....probably far far away eating some leaves......no point going back outside......long gone for sure.....

Yeah I guess :p
I was scared of bugs and stuff but then I went to sydney in January and held a stick insect, now I love bugs and I'm getting a pet scorpion. I've even gotten over my fears of spiders.

I want a scorpion, they are pretty awesome. I'd love watching them feed. I don't know much about insects/Arachnids but in pet shops I know that you can get a Flinders Range scorpion, are you going to get one of them?

Well guys if you lived in Darwin I know where you could get a spider and stick like insect tree bug.

As a matter of fact I am :)
They're one of Australias largest scorpions. Dont buy from pet stores though. They charge $100 for a fliders range, I'm getting one off a guy for $30. And surprisingly, Australia has no dangerous scorpions, which is great! You'd expect us to be lucky enough to have the most dangerous scorpion, just to go with the most dangerous snake (debatable, I know), spider, jellyfish, octopus, snail, crocodile, shark, fish and bird. Then we'd have a full set :lol:
I recommend you join the Australian Invertebrate Forum, MathewB, you'll get heaps of advice. You'll also see some familiar faces, such as Richoman and hornet. My name on the forum is alex_1.

Hmmm an Invertebrate forum you say? Ehh what the hell, knowledge is power. Do we have the deadliest bird? What could that be? I'm going with peregrine falcon or a wedge tailed eagle as they the only 2 birds of prey I can think of. $30 is a lot cheaper than the pet shops!! The fact that they are not poisonus/venomous might help my new plead for one hehe. How big do they get?

About 10cm. The worst they can do is give you some itching and localised swelling, just like a bee sting. However, if you're allergic to insect stings they can be potentially dangerous.
And no the deadliest bird is in fact not a bird of prey (birds of prey arent really dangerous) its the cassowary! They're very territorial and will use their dagger like claws to attack if you go near their nests.

Hmmm an Invertebrate forum you say? Ehh what the hell, knowledge is power. Do we have the deadliest bird? What could that be? I'm going with peregrine falcon or a wedge tailed eagle as they the only 2 birds of prey I can think of. $30 is a lot cheaper than the pet shops!! The fact that they are not poisonus/venomous might help my new plead for one hehe. How big do they get?
Pretty sure cassowary are the most dangerous birds and yes they are from here

I got pecked by a cassowary once, hurt like he'll...turns out it was friendly it just didn't like my hat or something ....I think they just didn't want me to sue em lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back