A few from around the 'Gong (early Oct)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh, that is fine. When you find out about these, would you let me know, please?

Jason, I also like to look for these obscure creatures.

Regards,
David
One of the lecturers has responded. She states that although her experience isn't with terrestrial platyhelminthes but it looks like a, Bipalium kewense, a land planarian. She cannot see the head, however, so stated if the head is expanded and flattened (shaped like a half circle) then that is what it is.

I'm still awaiting the reply from the anthropologist.

Hi there!

Great pics! It is very nice to see that from France!

Just to give you my little contribution, the name of the true bug (actually a jewel bug) must be Scutiphora pedicellata (Kirby, 1826).

Cheers,

François

Thanks, Josh.

I am familiar with planaria and don't think the worms is one of those. It did not have the flared head and also, when extended, the anterior end of the worm was thin and tubular.

Thanks, Francois. These forums are great since there are people who can help out with identifications from all around the world.

Regards,
David

Nice shots David,

I don't think your Nemertean is a Bipalium kewensae, especially since its lacking the broad head. It is similar in form and shape to Caenoplana coerulea however the colour and markings do not look like anything I have come across. Best bet would be to email the photos to the Australian Museum, they do ID's of most animals in Australia.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back